Auld photo of EEP

scottyboy

55 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We must have played well to beat Celtic on Eric Ferguson day with Thow refereeing.  I see he managed to find them one penalty - they couldn't have been near our goal in the 2nd half.

"Couldn't be near our goal" That didn't stop Paul Lambert who managed a hop, skip, jump and a dive with no Pars player near him to get a penalty.

33 minutes ago, worldwiderab said:

"Couldn't be near our goal" That didn't stop Paul Lambert who managed a hop, skip, jump and a dive with no Pars player near him to get a penalty.

I’m still absolutely seething over that. Could see it was a dive and outside the ****ing box all the way from the back of the Norrie stand ffs.

8 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We must have played well to beat Celtic on Eric Ferguson day with Thow refereeing.  I see he managed to find them one penalty - they couldn't have been near our goal in the 2nd half.

The penalty he gave was a horrific decision.  Celtic player went down after barely being brushed by Graeme Robertson. 

Just now, 1950Par said:

fullsizeoutput_2702.jpeg

Blamed us for not regaining their title I am sure? 4 friendlies but with some hard challenges, all ended in draws 

City won the final one on penalties.

I remember reading during the lockdown that during one of the games against an American team,John lunn was punched by a fan who was standing on the sidelines like an amateur game.

Edited by rosythpar
  • Upvote 2

DUNFERMLINE 1 CITY 1

Friendly
Played at The Varsity Stadium, Toronto

18th May 1968

attendance 8,272

Scorers
City Young(46)
Dunfermline Lister or Edwards(32 pen)

Ref ?

City Mulhearn, Book, Pardoe, Mundy, Heslop, Kennedy, Lee, Connor, Jones, Young, Coleman – subs Bowles, Horne, Dowd

Dunfermline Martin, W Callaghan, Lunn, McCarthy, Barry, T Callaghan, Edwards, Paton, Gardener, Robertson. Lister – sub Thomson

It was a tough tackling game to start City’s tour in Toronto. In a first half that Dunfermline dominated the game was constantly stopped by niggling fouls and just after the half hour Bobby Kennedy brought down Bob Paton in the box, and various publications differ; it was either Ian Lister or Alex Edwards that scored from the resulting spot kick.
Just after half-time Neil Young produced City’s only real spark of class as he shimmied past the Dunfermline defence and smashed the ball home from 25 yards.
The rest of the game was lifeless with very few chances but plenty of rash and niggley challenges.

DUNFERMLINE 1 CITY 1

Friendly
Played in Conneticut

19th May 1968

attendance 4,000

Scorers
City Pardoe(57)
Dunfermline Gardner(37)

Ref ?

City Mulhearn, Book, Pardoe, Horne, Heslop, Kennedy, Lee, Connor, Bowles, Young, Coleman

Dunfermline Martin, W Callaghan, Lunn, Thompson, Barry, T Callaghan, Edwards, Paton, Gardener, Robertson. Lister

Dunfermline took the lead before the break, when Pat Gardner smacked home from 25 yards, after a great ball in from Lister.
Glyn Pardoe scored a spectacular equalser ten minutes into the second half, receiving the ball on the wing inside the Dunfermline half he sprinted down the flank, then cut in unleashing a long distance effort that deceived Martin in goal and ended in the back of the net.

It was as we know Ian Lister who scored from the spot - I liked him as a player 

Edited by 1950Par
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Itsvans a hit or miss in any language imo.

Aye. Baller no doubt but in a relegation battle, you need to be turning up more than every 2 or 3 games. There is defintiely a lot of rose coloured specs applied where he's concerned due to the fact that when he WAS in the game, he was absolute quality.

• Upvote 1