Pars v QoS

Superally

Okay, I give in... why are we playing one up front AT HOME against the bottom team in the league? Baffling...

1 Owain Fôn Williams

2 Aaron Comrie

12 Rhys Breen

33 Mark Connolly

3 Josh Edwards

6 Kyle Macdonald

17 Graham Dorrans (c)

26 Matthew Todd

8 Kai Kennedy

11 Ryan Dow

14 Lewis McCann

Subs:-

5 Ross Graham

7 Kevin O’Hara

9 Craig Wighton

10 Nikolay Todorov

16 Dan Pybus

18 Paul Allan

29 Deniz Mehmet (GK)

Referee is Don Robertso

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I would hope Kennedy is nowhere near the starting line up after last weeks no show with diving flourish before he was hooked. But I have no idea what team or formation I’d play today. I do think we might win though and suspect a scoring return for Kevin O’Hara at some point.

I’m glad that the manager has ignored my howls of derision re Kennedy lol.  A much brighter performance from him.

• Upvote 4

Not a great game, despite 6 goals! We looked pretty poor at times, so many unforced errors, especially the one for QoS's 2nd. Credit to the boys for fighting back each time, but it would have been a travesty if we'd got a winner in the end. Luckily, that never looked remotely likely... 😞

Liked the look of QoS no 10 Connolly. He was already having a really good game and then scored an excellent goal (albeit gifted by us). Wouldn't be sorry to see him in the stripes.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Really dire 1st half.2nd, slightly improved. Never looked like winning. Credit to the team coming back 3 times. We got a relegation battle on our hands now. Will need to hope for a good transfer window at New Year. Yogi has a challenging finish to the rest of the season. 

Keep on hearing about the January window, but do we have the funds to supplement bringing in supposedly better players ? and if we do what do we do with the players who are on 2 year contracts ? keep them and pay the wages or offload them and pay the compensation ?      Its not so easy, its a cash strapping time for DAFC 

Never looked like winning but dug in till the end.

Kennedy was decent untill Queens doubled up on him in the 2nd half. Apart from that we have no other way off attacking.

I still think Dorrans plays far to deep at times and Mcann up top on his own is a waste as we can’t really attack fast. But I’ll take a point.

Queens had a few decent players in Todd, the centre half and if we could sign a player it would be their Connely up front who stood out.

Probably as bad a 6 goal match as you could hope to never see. Really poor defending today, the plan was wrong and it was executed poorly.

On the positive side the players showed character to equalise 3 times and we looked a threat from set pieces. Lewis McCann is a physical threat upfront and after a poor start Kai Kennedy came on to a good game.

Edited by Number Eleven
Spelling
  • Upvote 1