David Goodwillie

rosythpar

I’m surprised Goodwillie hadn’t been signed up by someone earlier than now if I’m honest.
It always felt inevitable that a bigger club than Clyde would come and look at him.

Sadly for a minority what he can potentially add to a club with his football is enough to put aside what he’s done outside of football which is a disgusting way to think.

Do feel sorry for Raith fans, looking at the table now and really struggling to see how they can come to a conclusion that this is a move worth making. They are in the last playoff position, can’t see them catching Kilmarnock and Inverness, even Arbroath if they keep up this superhuman effort of theirs.

Thistle have three games in hand on them as well which should kick them into 5th.
To bring in Goodwillie, alienate a lot of your fan base, likely lose your sponsorship for what is a very slim chance of making anything of this season is mind blowing.

Imagine being a father taking your daughter to one of the games and explaining who he is.

He shouldn’t be playing football full stop.

• Upvote 2

I'm surprised Goodwillie was as long at Clyde, but I figured he'd get a well-paid gig in a league far, far away where they're more happy to brush this under the carpet - and then not show his face on these shores again.  

I feel desperately sorry for the majority of Rovers fans who are against this and can't bring themselves to support the club anymore.  The people on the board who has sanctioned this should be forced out soon.  Anyone on the board who objected and got ignored has to walk today.  I'd imagine tonight's stands will be fairly empty aside from a bunch of kids who don't know any better and think this is edgy and the odd few that think it's ok as long as he performs on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

They've literally got a grandly titled "Concordat of Raith Rovers" outlining their ethics, position in the local community and overall ambitions.

Someone, anyone, involved in doing this deal might have wanted to read their own, published document before signing off on this.

Screenshot_20220201-094930.png