Club Statement

Parzionale

5 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Why is he a fud?

Because I feel he underperformed at our club. I think he's probably underperformed at every club he's been at. I think he is one of the most naturally gifted players and potentially exciting players we've seen at EEP in years. Yet he and the other players have failed us as we're relegated. So just after relegation seeing him joyously celebrating another teams victory got on my tits. Right now I'm glad he's gone and I want to see other players go right at the back of him too. They let us down and themselves down. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Berry said:

Fair point DA-go, I just think regardless of the tactics Yogi used in that Queens Park match the players should’ve performed much better than they did in a game of such magnitude. With all due respect to Queens Park, they were a mid table League One team, we couldn’t string passes together and get the bear essentials right at times against them.

Queens Park just wanted it so much more.

Dorrans should’ve been better, Ambrose sent off, he didn’t really look that fussed. Polworth was absolutely honking. It’s a shame when you have seasoned professionals like them putting in performances like that when you’ve got players like young Todd who was giving it his all and will be truly devastated at getting relegated, he’s one that’s on the up in his career than a player that’s close to the end and I felt that showed during the last few games of the season.

It will be interesting to see which players the club let go. Wighton, Todorov, O’Hara as a front three in League One you’d think would have more than enough quality.

Pybus, Lawless and Dow in midfield could work although the latter two the form needs to pick up, would need one or two more in that position, defensively will need a lot of work to replace Donaldson and Ambrose, whether we stick with Edwards or not, are we going to utilise Comrie at all.

We’ll need a goalkeeper as well.

I had Dorrans as my man of the match.  I also thought the players put the effort in. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Because I feel he underperformed at our club. I think he's probably underperformed at every club he's been at. I think he is one of the most naturally gifted players and potentially exciting players we've seen at EEP in years. Yet he and the other players have failed us as we're relegated. So just after relegation seeing him joyously celebrating another teams victory got on my tits. Right now I'm glad he's gone and I want to see other players go right at the back of him too. They let us down and themselves down. 

I’d agree that for whatever reasons, he did underperform. Ability to go past a player easily on either side, but also heard that he was a bit of an arse and difficult.  Heard the same of Ryan Dow, btw

Edited by Raymie

28 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Re the statement. I’m happy with that as an interim update. 
If I was Hughes, I’d be thinking I was toast 

The statement is totally non committal, but I tend to agree with you in that if Hughes was staying it would have said as much.

It’s a good statement and a good start in terms of better communication.

I do have a concern about Meggle being more involved. Is his position beyond reproach given he was involved with the previous 2 management appointments? Also he has already been heavily involved in the football side has he not?

10 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Mehmet was ok when he deputised.  He can't be as bad as he showed at the start of the season.  You can't get a gig as a goalkeeper for several years if that's your base level.  I'd be more than happy if someone else came in as number one though. 

As for the rest of them, I'd keep Pybus.  If Donaldson was happy to come back, he'd be my captain - I can't see it happening though.  As for the rest of them, Comrie is a solid right back, especially for League One and can get forward.  Edwards frustrates me.  I think he should offer more and refuses to let the ball even touch his right foot.  He did cope with Quitongo's pace very easily at Firhill though and it's unusual that he gets a seeing to by the opposition's winger. 

Aside from that, I'm not fussed on any of them staying, unless I'm missing someone obvious.  I'd have kept Thomas too, but I'm figuring he's an ex-player already.

I think there is good player in Edwards. I think it’s sometimes forgotten he is only 21 and must have played 150 games or so in League 1/Championship already. Sometimes felt he lacked a bit of confidence and conviction but that actually improved under Yogi with a few goals and getting forward more. Don’t think he benefited from playing with Lawless or Thomas as they tend to ignore the overlap and the fullback in general (the opposite of Dow and Comrie a while ago and Jackie and Ivo back in the day!)

I’d probably be looking to extend Edwards contract otherwise we run the risk of someone else getting the benefit of a much improved player.

An hour a day working in his right foot would also help.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

It’s a good statement and a good start in terms of better communication.

I do have a concern about Meggle being more involved. Is his position beyond reproach given he was involved with the previous 2 management appointments? Also he has already been heavily involved in the football side has he not?

Tryin to be fair to Meggle, I wonder if it’s more been he’s trusted in those making those decisions around him and all he’s done is ratify.  This time round with more direct involvement in the search and process with the changes outlined, willing to give him a chance.  Put it this way, until they quit or get bought out, we’re going to have to trust Meggle etc anyways to make the right calls.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

Fair enough. Personally I don't really think he underperformed for us (certainly not relative to most of his teammates) and it's hard to do well when the boss sticks you on the bench time and again. I feel like he made a difference when he came on as a sub in a number of games - not world beating, but better than those chosen ahead of him. 

As for celebrating Celtic's victory, I'm torn. I do see what you mean given the circumstances, but then if you're a fan of a club and they win the league, you're going to be happy about it. And it's not like he would have been expecting to be photographed, it's not him posing with a scarf or whatever. And that's assuming the pic is even real - there's something slightly photoshopped-looking about it, but I can't put my finger on why. On the other hand, why would anyone go to the trouble of photoshopping it, so it probably is legit.

Fussball GMBH will be hurting just as much as us and will be embarrassed that people in Hamburg will see that the club they own has been relegated. These men are successful businessmen and wont want their investment to be seen as a failure. I expect them to give the manager a budget that will be capable to be winning the league next season and get us out of this mess. I also expect Yogi to be out the door in the coming days and a new structure in very soon. When they first got involved they said they would be in it through the bad times,lets see if that is true and they get us back up.

• Upvote 3