Club Statement

Parzionale

I’m ok with that statement, like Grant says fans want movement now and are becoming impatient. The time for swift action was during the season, post season they should allow themselves a little more time to make sure they get this right, granted though not ages as time to prepare for next season is as important.

I’m not completely sold on Meggle getting more involved, whether that is with Hughes in charge or someone else, has that kind of model ever been used that’s really worked? Managers tend to like to have full control do they not, wonder if this would put any potential candidates off assuming Hughes does go.

The paragraph about the manner in which we were relegated is likely a number of things, from the tactics deployed and the general approach to what were must win games and the other players attitudes and want to do well during them, I got the feeling during the Queens Park game that some of the players just weren’t ***ed.

So I’m not jumping to the conclusion that this means Hughes is leaving, it could well be Meggle getting involved is a condition of him remaining in the job. You’d think if you were coming out with that paragraph the natural next line would’ve been ‘as a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to relieve John Hughes from his duties’ or something to that effect..but they didn’t.

We’ll find out in the next day or two I’m sure.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Berry said:

I’m ok with that statement, like Grant says fans want movement now and are becoming impatient. The time for swift action was during the season, post season they should allow themselves a little more time to make sure they get this right, granted though not ages as time to prepare for next season is as important.

I’m not completely sold on Meggle getting more involved, whether that is with Hughes in charge or someone else, has that kind of model ever been used that’s really worked? Managers tend to like to have full control do they not, wonder if this would put any potential candidates off assuming Hughes does go.

The paragraph about the manner in which we were relegated is likely a number of things, from the tactics deployed and the general approach to what were must win games and the other players attitudes and want to do well during them, I got the feeling during the Queens Park game that some of the players just weren’t ***ed.

So I’m not jumping to the conclusion that this means Hughes is leaving, it could well be Meggle getting involved is a condition of him remaining in the job. You’d think if you were coming out with that paragraph the natural next line would’ve been ‘as a result we’ve taken the difficult decision to relieve John Hughes from his duties’ or something to that effect..but they didn’t.

We’ll find out in the next day or two I’m sure.

I genuinely believe all they are talking to management team the now and discussing pay offs. Whittaker was linked with raith as assistant  to brown, so with him away to fleetwood I’d imagine he’ll go there. They hardly defended yogi in that statement 

I didn't get the feeling the players couldn't be ***ed.  What struck me was that the game was pretty even once it went to 10v11. We lose a goal in the 89th minute and they're almost all lying on the ground distraught and looking sorry for themselves.  Get the **** up, get the ball on the centre spot and get in position to try and salvage the season.

I am aware that we almost scored in injury time, but the body language wasn't one of self-belief when the goal went in.  It wasn't the last kick of the ball.

• Upvote 1

Well I hope meggle gets more involved and working with Cook to get the club where it should be. 
Imo and I will probably get shot down… Meggle and Hughes will not work as a combo… Hughes just comes accross a loudmouth and Jack the lad and that will not be acceptable the way these German guys work.

Germans are very straight to the point and what they want to achieve…. thank god… we have a guy in place that wants to win! 

The thing with that is Meggle would have been involved with both managerial appointments.  He seems to like Scottish managers who answer a question with a 15 minute stream of consciousness and end up nowhere near where the "conversation" started.  Granted Hughes made much more sense (as an appointment) than Peter Grant, and was definitely an improvement, but it does seem like they have a "type".

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

Fair point DA-go, I just think regardless of the tactics Yogi used in that Queens Park match the players should’ve performed much better than they did in a game of such magnitude. With all due respect to Queens Park, they were a mid table League One team, we couldn’t string passes together and get the bear essentials right at times against them.

Queens Park just wanted it so much more.

Dorrans should’ve been better, Ambrose sent off, he didn’t really look that fussed. Polworth was absolutely honking. It’s a shame when you have seasoned professionals like them putting in performances like that when you’ve got players like young Todd who was giving it his all and will be truly devastated at getting relegated, he’s one that’s on the up in his career than a player that’s close to the end and I felt that showed during the last few games of the season.

It will be interesting to see which players the club let go. Wighton, Todorov, O’Hara as a front three in League One you’d think would have more than enough quality.

Pybus, Lawless and Dow in midfield could work although the latter two the form needs to pick up, would need one or two more in that position, defensively will need a lot of work to replace Donaldson and Ambrose, whether we stick with Edwards or not, are we going to utilise Comrie at all.

We’ll need a goalkeeper as well.

Meggle said before he would be coming across to deal with the football department. So sports science, video analysis, training facilities(setting up the academy I assume)  so now covid looks to be over I assume he will be doing all that stuff as well as overseeing the playing side. What the latter part means I don't know.

I’m actually really impressed with that statement,  been a long long time since I’ve been able to say that.

Obviously the Hughes question hasn’t been handled head on but still a little bit of time for that(though only a few days really) 

As for the new roles, they sound reasonable, we can judge how well individuals perform within it in future, with the most eyes being on meggle IMO.

Mehmet was ok when he deputised.  He can't be as bad as he showed at the start of the season.  You can't get a gig as a goalkeeper for several years if that's your base level.  I'd be more than happy if someone else came in as number one though. 

As for the rest of them, I'd keep Pybus.  If Donaldson was happy to come back, he'd be my captain - I can't see it happening though.  As for the rest of them, Comrie is a solid right back, especially for League One and can get forward.  Edwards frustrates me.  I think he should offer more and refuses to let the ball even touch his right foot.  He did cope with Quitongo's pace very easily at Firhill though and it's unusual that he gets a seeing to by the opposition's winger. 

Aside from that, I'm not fussed on any of them staying, unless I'm missing someone obvious.  I'd have kept Thomas too, but I'm figuring he's an ex-player already.

38 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

The thing with that is Meggle would have been involved with both managerial appointments.  He seems to like Scottish managers who answer a question with a 15 minute stream of consciousness and end up nowhere near where the "conversation" started.  Granted Hughes made much more sense (as an appointment) than Peter Grant, and was definitely an improvement, but it does seem like they have a "type".

Yep, expect us to appoint James McPake next, terrified.