Club Statement

Parzionale

The board has accepted responsibility and apologised for relegation while accepting things must change - all without criticising the fans. A much improved announcement on what we’ve become used to. Still more to come on the management and playing staff but a good start.

Edited by Number Eleven
Typo
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SanguinePar said:

Most important sentence of the whole statement (and one most people on Twitter seem to have missed!)

Correct.  Obviously negotiations or the “process” is taking a bit longer than they would like.  Better to put something out than silence.

Fair play, it’s a step up on their recent communications.  Wouldn’t be hard, but let’s recognise progress!

Also worth noting the sentence “We are not just disappointed in the relegation itself, but also in the manner in which the relegation came about, with standards falling well short of what we all expect.”

Kinda hard to back your manager after you’ve fired that particular salvo in public….

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Most important sentence of the whole statement (and one most people on Twitter seem to have missed!)

People are just impatient. 

The game was on Saturday, the board had a meeting on Monday, and now we have a statement on Wednesday evening there the only news seems to be that all the changes that were pre-arranged, are happening. 

Fans want to see progress, I fully agree that the statement in itself is good, and the tones allot better. But if Hughes isn't yeeted then you can expect there to be an outcry. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Kinda hard to back your manager after you’ve fired that particular salvo in public….

Yep.

May be being optimistic, but I'm hoping this is a precursor to him going. Possibly those leaving didn't want to be seen to be responsible for that? Total speculation though.

Just now, Tartan Army Par said:

That was my thoughts. I think the fact that there no defence Hughes might be a positive. Not sure if Hughes would was Meggle getting more hands on. 

Looks like Meggle will be dealing with the transfers maybe. Meggle has a lot of contacts so wouldnt be surprised if a new manager comes in that is unknown to us. I think going by that statement it will be announced shortly that Yogi is away and a new structure in place. I think Whittaker will go to Fleetwood with Brown and Shields will move into a role with the academy which he originally came over to do. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Looks like Meggle will be dealing with the transfers maybe. Meggle has a lot of contacts so wouldnt be surprised if a new manager comes in that is unknown to us. I think going by that statement it will be announced shortly that Yogi is away and a new structure in place. I think Whittaker will go to Fleetwood with Brown and Shields will move into a role with the academy which he originally came over to do. 

That’s not an unrealistic shout.