Squad For Next Season

Grant

15 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

What is the point of Meggle and his ‘day to day involvement on footballing matters’? I’m the absence of a manager surely he could pick up the slack with contracts? That’s Thomas, Donaldson and Pybus away - arguably our 3 best players last season.

Seems like his role is to text the players telling them goodbye. Pybus getting a text message to say he’s getting released is absolutely out of order. Whatever has happened, boys deserve more than that

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Seems like his role is to text the players telling them goodbye. Pybus getting a text message to say he’s getting released is absolutely out of order. Whatever has happened, boys deserve more than that

Not professional from the club!

Edited by rosythpar

I’m not surprised he’s been released but if that is the manner in which it’s been done then the club is really not doing itself any favours.

Poor poor show, face to face or at least a telephone call.

Look at the likes of Southgate when he omits players from the National side, there’s a classer way of doing it.

Edited by Berry

27 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

How do you know that, KP?

59 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Pybus has left, Queen's Park bound apparently.

Oh FFS, another one?? 

54 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

That’s Thomas, Donaldson and Pybus away - arguably our 3 best players last season.

Not even arguable IMO, definitely our best 3 outfield at least.

There will be a lot more away I imagine.

There’s no place for sentiment, this squad got us relegated and with a new manager coming in, it’s quite right that we see an overhaul and McPake gets the opportunity to put his stamp on the club, he’ll know the pressure that will be on him from the off so he’ll want to do this his way with the players he wants and fully back that approach.

Thomas clearly has a chip on his shoulder, Donaldson was a loan and Pybus we had the option of extending, was never a guarantee so I’m not overly bothered at any of them, but the text thing is cruel if true.

Guys under contract like Chalmers and Mehmet I would hope are told that they are not in the managers plans and are free to find a new club. Could really do with replacing them.

Guess they could still hover around the reserves and take a wage for a year but there is a chance that they might force a move if they know they won't play.