Squad For Next Season

Grant

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

Can't believe that some saying Pybus can leave. our player of the year!

I’m trying to just put a different spin on it, and it’s all hypothetical given I don’t know for sure his contract situation or what will happen with Dorrans.

Assuming the option of another year is on the club, we have Chalmers and Dorrans already signed up for next season, do we really need three midfielders that essentially can do the same job. I’d rather have somebody with legs and more attacking threat and goals in them.

If Dorrans was to get his contract mutually terminated or move to FT coach then I’d see the case for keeping Pybus and then having another vacancy to fill with that attack minded midfielder.

Add to it as well, McPake will have a plan in his head and the type of players he wants, Pybus might just not fit the bill for what he’s looking for taking into consideration what he’ll already have at the club this season.

Its just the way the contractuals land, out of Chalmers, Pybus and Dorrans, I’d take Pybus most days of the week.

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Can I be slightly controversial here and say I was never overly impressed by Pybus. By no means the worst but I genuinely wouldn’t be fussed if he was offski tbh. 

I agree.  Never really rated him.  Just because he tries hard and does some running, his forward movement and passing was lacking for me.  Seems a nice lad and all that but we need more in midfield.  Wonder if his player of the year award was more about his popularity and the deficiencies of his midfield team mates more than anything else.

I’ll say this.  Every single one of them outside McCann, Todd, Allan could go and I wouldn’t even be fussed.  Happy to leave that to the new manager to decide and give chances as he sees fit.

If Scott Allan could keep himself fit, then he would tear up this league. I don't see why he'd want to sign for a league one club though tbh. 

I think there are a few in there that did enough to deserve to stay. Todd, Pybus, Edwards, to name a few. I think there are a few others who maybe didn't but under a new manager, if they can click, would also do really well in this league. I think he needs to meet with them all individually, get a feel for each other, looking into the whites of their eyes and see who wants to stay, buys into what he's saying and if not, what they need to leave, and help them out the door. 

Once he's got a core of guys who are good enough, want to play in this league, under him, then he can see what money he's got left and where he needs to spend it.

One thing is for sure, none of them have any right to stroll this league, they need to want to do well for him to have any success. Turning up thinking we're good enough, as demonstrated by last years failings, isn't going to cut it and that applies no matter who is in the squad and McPake needs to get that message across, and bin those he doesn't believe share that attitude no matter who they are.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Would it make you happy?nothing else does

I'm a veritable bundle of joy who can find joy and happiness in some of the worst circumstances. 

Except Dunfermline for the last year, you been a happy Pars fan for the past year? 

Mcpake played with allen at Dundee, maybe a factor.

On the current squad.

Keeper

Happy with mehmet as first choice.  I think alexander was only meant to be coaching until the end of the season so potential for a player/coach for backup

Full backs

I think we're covered here, possibly 1 move on, likely comrie but wouldn't be my pick, just the one more likely to have other offers.

Center back

I think we need a first choice reliable player to sign, if that's Donaldson I'd be incredibly happy, likely we need to drop our standards a bit from that tho,  Broadfoot is a possible, but I'd think we'd face competition for his signature from championship clubs.   I'd give martin a deal and have him and breen fight for the other slot(or more have martin start when fit and Breen cover)     We could do with another body as cover,  maybe not someone who's main position is centre back.

Wingers

I'd give Dow and lawless offers,  dow we'd likely keep,  lawless will probably get other offers and wouldn't be worth fighting too hard for, but there's a chance he'll stay when his period with us was quite meh, I doubt he'll be getting offers he can't refuse.  Need 1 or 2 more direct traditional style wingers to offer a different option. 

Center mid 

Our biggest problem,  Dorrans has dropped massive hints he's ready to move on,  if that's as a coach for us or moving elsewhere then it would be a reasonable outcome if it helps free up funds.  If he players I think he'd be ok,  just not worth the money and time missing through injury.  Chalmers can get in the sea,  heart of a pea and that makes you no good at five a sides never mind in pro football.   Allan will be ok back up as would todd or martin changing position.   Need 2/3 starters to come in.    1 would be pybus if we can agree a new deal.   The other 2 are hard,  50/50 on Cole.

Up front

Well covered here,  could possibly move 2 on to free up funds. 

Edited by parsforlife