Andy Goram

Berry

Yeah, the best Scottish Keeper in my lifetime IMO.

I saw a picture of him today and he’s lost loads of weight, and whilst he looks ‘healthy’, you can tell it’s cancer if you’ve ever known anyone die of this disease as the weight loss is striking. 

Such a shame. 

Awful news, remember him at EEP picking up a empty Stephens packet looking in it then throwing it away looking glum, getting few a laughs from the pars fans, who had been singing an unflattering sing about his weight. Motherwell I think he was playing for at the time. 

Edited by Al k

3 hours ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Sad news indeed. 

I met him at EEP once when he was coaching. Had a very light hearted conversation: nice guy.

There were some primary school kids on a stadium tour, sitting in the dug outs when Andy passed by. He stopped and asked them if they knew who he was. None of them had a scooby. He pointed to the initials on his tracksuit. "A.G. A goalie" he explained. 😄

He then rather spoiled it by asking how many of them were Rangers fans. 🙁

Still and all, a contender for the greatest Scottish goalie of all time. All the best Andy.

A horrible disease that Iv seen 2 of my family members deteriorate from looking good to skin and bones over 6 months and in agony. 
The best GK Iv seen at games and the football was even better in his genareation of players. 
A lot of characters and wanting to win as a team and it’s sad this has all gone from the game. 
All the best to him in his last months.

• Upvote 1

Cancer is utterly terrifying, the article with Goram is awful, seven weeks ago he thought he was ill, now he's been given six months. 

I can only hope the doctors have got it a bit wrong and he'll have longer, he seemed like a nice guy when he was coach here. 

On 30/05/2022 at 22:16, Grant said:

Cancer is utterly terrifying, the article with Goram is awful, seven weeks ago he thought he was ill, now he's been given six months. 

I can only hope the doctors have got it a bit wrong and he'll have longer, he seemed like a nice guy when he was coach here. 

Unfortunately they were wrong in that they told him he had more time than he actually does.  He only has 4-6 weeks.   

That's ****.