Club Update

rosythpar

59 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

Kaufland and Lidl have the same owners. 

You also chose to ignore me when I challenged your claim that they like central locations when the only Kauflands I have been in have been edge of town in and around retail parks so I guess that must have been something else that you were talking pish about. 

I never said they didn’t but I was store specific and I think I used the words central locations  (but don’t quote me) if you are hanging on every word, as you obviously have a very interesting life over there visit Kaufland stores! 

But as an admin on the site I would have thought you would know the rules about being nice to fellow posters and not swearing as the forum is available to children! 

🤷🏼‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Deutsch Par, I'm heading back to Berlin and Lietzen in October and Hamburg and Flechtingen in December once again this year spending some time with some very interesting German businessmen feel free to join us if you wish. They are are wealth of information as most businessmen are.

I'll let you know closer to the time.  

Imo our investors never thought we would drop into the seaside league.

Mr cook was appointed and if you worked with tops sides down south then you will want a big wage.. and I think he will get the internal side of things back.

If you look at the structure of the club/new academy/season ticket sales and merchandise…it’s obvious we are getting money in from the German friends.

Aye I’m not too fussed about that kind of wage if he produces, and I like what I see and hear so far from him.  My fear is about sustainability of his role, and making sure he builds in his own succession plan internally.  Someone with his CV isn’t going to hang around too long despite the “home club” stuff.  If he does well and an English Championship side comes calling it’ll be 4/5 times that quoted £100k.  

For now though let’s give him time space and support to implement his vision, and maybe no be too hysterical when things don’t go our way.  Lots of bumps to come this season…!

Edited by Rossmcno1
  • Upvote 1

I don't really care what he's on as I don't think it's beyond what the Gmbh Fussball can afford to pay him anyway. Under Ross McArthur we pretty much maintained financial prudence for the length of his tenureship.

The new owners have said numerous times they too will continue to manage responsibly from a fininancial perspective. Ross never had experience in running a football club before circumstance put him in that position.

It was always his longer term aim to proffesionalise the club, which included hiring the right people, with the right skillset to do specific tasks. Whether it's a physio, a groundsman, a bar manager or a Chief Executive, right person for the right job. So you go out and employ the best you can afford, within a set budget.

Employment isnt just down to money, there's are other influencing factors as to why people take certain jobs. David Cook is a lifelong Pars fan. A reasonable salary, combined with a position with the team you've always supported could be easily seen as an attractive package.

So it's easy to understand why he's here and for me there are no dubious reasons for him being here. There are no questions from me regarding affordability as it'll have been planned and budgeted for (financial prudence).

The big question for me is, will he deliver?, because that's fundamentally what he's here to do. I just think we let him get on with his job and accept he's a proffessional in his field and therefore the pressure is on him to deliver.