Club Update

rosythpar

It's good to hear from the Chairman and he was appearing in front of the media, not just issuing a statement, which shows he is willing to be accountable. The fact that our season ticket sales are up on this time last year is very good, although as the price has gone down and the lower priced u18 tickets have seen a big increase will probably mean that overall season ticket income is down. Remember a few weeks back when there was great concern about the delay in issuing the season ticket prices? It looks like the Board were right to take their time to make sure they got the offering right.

I understand the update on the training ground to mean we can use the grass pitches but there isn't any artificial pitch yet? This could well have a negative impact when the bad weather comes. I understand that there are significant issues in the construction industry just now, but overall that looks like a potential negative that the Chairman isn't willing to commit to a timescale or even that the original plans will be delivered. To me, this shows that the impact of last season is still being felt in the new season.

The key positive for me is the great continued support from Pars fans in buying the season tickets and the new strips - it shows the vast majority still have faith that the good times will return!

• Upvote 5

I'm pleased he's released an update. It's straight forward and informative. Few positives regarding season ticket and shirt sales. Especially pleasing is the news about the increase in young supporter numbers. Obviously important for the future support of the club. 

Bit disappointing on the training and academy facility, but I'm sure it'll come to fruition. 

Let's see a few signings and I'll be a happy man. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I'm pleased he's released an update. It's straight forward and informative. Few positives regarding season ticket and shirt sales. Especially pleasing is the news about the increase in young supporter numbers. Obviously important for the future support of the club. 

Bit disappointing on the training and academy facility, but I'm sure it'll come to fruition. 

Let's see a few signings and I'll be a happy man. 

Spoke to someone tonight at the HOB friendly at the civil and was saying the next phase is the astro pitch go down. 

• Upvote 2

At the supporters meeting at the end of last year we were to have the pitches ready for pre season, with the buildings done a couple of months later. 

How are we now in July and we're now looking at how much the buildings will cost? 

Not sure you could say the process of sacking Hughes and bringing in McPake was fairly quick either. 

The constant talk of just winning more games is just silly. 

I suppose its the old adage, do we spend on the team or do we spend on the infrastructure. We have dropped down a league and while we may be considered a big hitter in the 1st  the resources available are considerably less. Finance determines that we may have proportionally reduce our ambition. It doesn't mean that Rosyth is finished it probably means its going to take longer. The new board never said they were going to chuck loads of money at us but focus on improving the whole set up. Las t season and two managers debacle hasn't helped.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Superally said:

I suppose its the old adage, do we spend on the team or do we spend on the infrastructure..

If the talk was postponing some training ground investments to concentrate on the first team getting promoted then it would be more understandable,  but the first team doesn’t look like it’s being invested in either .

If we are so financially ****ed that both are on hold then it’s a massive concern.  It’s all very well praising the German investment, but if their decision making is costing us more off our conventional income then it’s pointless having them here.

There's a lot of conclusions being jumped to on this thread. 

Everyone knows the difficulties in construction at the moment, not only in sourcing materials, but in the soaring costs to those as well. I don't think people appreciate by just how much these have sky-rocketed in the last year and are continuing to rise. That will obviously have had an effect on the initial budget. I'd far rather they took a cautious approach to this and amend/delay plans rather than just chuck money into the project to get it ready at the cost of other things.

It's absolutely important as part of the future strategy but if it needs to be handled carefully and have plans redrawn if budgets stretch beyond control then so be it. It was mentioned by @rosythpar I think(?) a couple of months ago that asbestos was found in the interior, which is a costly and time consuming endeavour to get rid of properly which also may not have been budgeted for which will be adding to the change in plans. The main thing for now is the playing facilities are going ahead and that should be the priority given we have those facilities currently at East End. There is no rush on that part. We can also still rent out the pitches for income too.

It also hasn't been said that the first team isn't being invested in. I'd rather we got players in who are better than we have rather than boys to fill a shirt. My assumption is that he has a number of targets on the premier league or championship for loan deals but will need to wait until those clubs finalise their squads, which may be a few weeks away yet. Nowhere has it been said nothing more is happening with the squad.

• Upvote 7

We shouldn’t be in a position where we’re waiting weeks on the amount of signings we need. The season starts Saturday and we must get off to a strong start.

End of window signings are helpful, but if we drop points waiting on them happening our season maybe over before it’s really begun. 

Is having pitches at rosyth and players going back and forth to east end make us much better off than where we were 6 months ago where we were doing the same but going to Alloa or McKane instead?

My impression from previous updates would be prioritise the pitches whilst the building work was completed, which made sense, but now it seems it’s not a case of finishing the building,  it’s that we’re only just finishing costing, that’s well behind.   Maybe i’m nieve here but surely in building projects initial costing etc should have been completed before we signed the lease? Otherwise how do you know it’s the right site?