Club Update

rosythpar

45 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

The point made about walk up fans was caveated with having a good product on the pitch which was ignored and the cost of living crisis which was set to get worse when the heating needs turned up when it gets colder and prices increase again. Russia is running the Nors pipeline at 1/5 capacity causing European shortages already. This will effect the running costs of the club also.

I don’t mind discussing anything but let’s discuss the full point not cherry pick a certain bit to make it look like it’s not factual.

So by me saying that we had rising crowds whilst the team were dug meat last season that's ignoring the point about the product on the pitch? OK. 

11 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

It hasn't.  That figure has been magically plucked out of the air. 

As I said it was seen or reported somewhere it could even have been the other site but just doing my own research and considering he was commercial director at Nottingham Forest and with Ethihad Airlines he will have a standard of living and he was approached by a team of very wealthy investors who know the value of good staff.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/ceo-salary-SRCH_KO0,3.htm

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Guess It would be a bit of a rubbish forum if nobody’s opinion was challenged! 😂

As for making assumptions,  we all do it, and assuming the board have everything sorted and it will all work out hunky dory is as big of an assumption as anything else said on this thread.

This is true, but surely it's only fair to assume the positive than to always automatically jump to a negative conclusion no? They will absolutely get things wrong, the last two managerial appointments prove that, but that doesn't mean every single aspect of the running of the club is a shambles which is what some posters seem to be implying in most of their posts. 

4 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

As I said it was seen or reported somewhere it could even have been the other site but just doing my own research and considering he was commercial director at Nottingham Forest and with Ethihad Airlines he will have a standard of living and he was approached by a team of very wealthy investors who know the value of good staff.

Sorry, but quoting glass door is about as relevant as me saying my Seat Cupra is worth the same as a Ferrari because it's a car. Their salary surveys are utter nonsense for the most part and this will be across a wide variety of industries none of which are relevant to football..

• Upvote 1

To a degree so are you attendance facts, as they only marginally increased over the season and that in reality probably had more to do with people feeling confident visiting public places after covid, using public transport etc etc. The biggest increases in attendance was with the bigger teams coming to EEP with a healthy away support which is what I mentioned in my original post.

See taking off the rose tinted glasses gives a fairer balance and adds to the discussion it not negative it’s constructive it appears that different views away from the bubble aren’t appreciated but by adding points for discussion is somehow a negative to the club! 
We have been blindly led before and those who spoke out then were told to get back in their box! Highlighting concerns is not detrimental it’s about giving people the choice to think and investigate and make their own decisions on things! 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Yeah I'm not going to take a peer to peer site that literally anybody can write on as a credible source. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

To a degree so are you attendance facts, as they only marginally increased over the season and that in reality probably had more to do with people feeling confident visiting public places after covid, using public transport etc etc. The biggest increases in attendance was with the bigger teams coming to EEP with a healthy away support which is what I mentioned in my original post.

See taking off the rose tinted glasses gives a fairer balance and adds to the discussion it not negative it’s constructive it appears that different views away from the bubble aren’t appreciated but by adding points for discussion is somehow a negative to the club! 
We have been blindly led before and those who spoke out then were told to get back in their box! Highlighting concerns is not detrimental it’s about giving people the choice to think and investigate and make their own decisions on things! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nothing to do with rose tinted glasses. You stated categorically, that walk up crowds will be low. I gave factual evidence of why I think that that won't be the case from last season, and this season so far, citing crowds for the league cup and friendlies where it was all walk up pricing, during the cost of living crisis, for games that generally are poorly attended. Granted some of those who came will also have season tickets so won't be included in walk up prices but I say again, even during our poor form last year, the attendances, mainly due to an increasing following from younger fans it would appear, stayed steady and also rose slightly. 

I was also one of those criticised the previous regime heavily and backed those who stuck their head above the parapet, hence the reason I was one of the founders of this site, so please don't assume that because I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt that I can't or won't be critical. All I'm asking is that it's balanced and it's not the starting point which it seems to be with you.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Digs said:

This is true, but surely it's only fair to assume the positive than to always automatically jump to a negative conclusion no?

They will absolutely get things wrong, the last two managerial appointments prove that, but that doesn't mean every single aspect of the running of the club is a shambles which is what some posters seem to be implying in most of their posts. 

On the first point, I don’t think either has more validity than the other.  Both perspectives can bring benefits depending on the circumstance. 

I also don’t think many of us actually have the choice to pick one or the other. 

One of the benefits of open discussion on here is we get different posters approaching things from varied perspectives and balance things out a bit. It’s easy to get lost in our own little worlds, it’s good to hear from those coming from a different angle.

I agree the board won’t get everything wrong, or right for that matter.  Unfortunately they have burnt through a lot of trust(for those that had it, the German investors still need to earn it) and that will reduce peoples confidence in them.  I hope to see that change over the next few months 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Digs said:

Nothing to do with rose tinted glasses. You stated categorically, that walk up crowds will be low. I gave factual evidence of why I think that that won't be the case from last season, and this season so far, citing crowds for the league cup and friendlies where it was all walk up pricing, during the cost of living crisis, for games that generally are poorly attended. Granted some of those who came will also have season tickets so won't be included in walk up prices but I say again, even during our poor form last year, the attendances, mainly due to an increasing following from younger fans it would appear, stayed steady and also rose slightly. 

I was also one of those criticised the previous regime heavily and backed those who stuck their head above the parapet, hence the reason I was one of the founders of this site, so please don't assume that because I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt that I can't or won't be critical. All I'm asking is that it's balanced and it's not the starting point which it seems to be with you.

On the same line as it easy just to pick up on the 1 or points made that are disagreed with to take the opportunity to go for the poster and ignore the other parts of the post. That just stifles any chance of debate, positive, negative or indifferent. Seems very oppressive. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

On the first point, I don’t think either has more validity than the other.  Both perspectives can bring benefits depending on the circumstance. 

I also don’t think many of us actually have the choice to pick one or the other. 

One of the benefits of open discussion on here is we get different posters approaching things from varied perspectives and balance things out a bit. It’s easy to get lost in our own little worlds, it’s good to hear from those coming from a different angle.

I agree the board won’t get everything wrong, or right for that matter.  Unfortunately they have burnt through a lot of trust(for those that had it, the German investors still need to earn it) and that will reduce peoples confidence in them.  I hope to see that change over the next few months 

We are seeing change. We've had 3 managers in just over a season. 3 long term club directors move on, one of them the former club chairman. A new CEO come in. Boardroom reshuffle. Changes in the season ticket pricing, and changes to the pricing. Concerted efforts to engage with and encourage the younger element on our support. I believe the communications haven't been good, but they are improving with a few comms released recently from David Cook updating the fan base.

Club really promoting the support of mental wellbeing among the support and wider community.

Continuing to support and promote the Disabled Supporters club. 

The development of the academy isn't making the progress that was anticipated, which is disappointing to everyone, but we're hearing some news of progress.

Signings have been slow after being quick to get rid of players. But tbf we're now seeing activity on that front.

I believe we're in a good spot but not fantastic, but given what the clubs had to do after relegation it's going well enough for me at the moment. 

Regarding perspective and opinions, it's wide and varied. That's great and to be encouraged. However pure conjecture and unsubstantiated stuff isn't helpful to anyone. Worst example recently being the suggestion of a German board member being linked to a supermarket, therefore we'd be intending to sell the ground to a supermarket group in the future. Also the suggestion that the former chairman was leaving because he knew of some dubious and controversial developing situation that would be determental to the clubs wellbeing. All some big sinister plan to f*ck us up for financial gain. All utter fantasy. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Piracy said:

We are seeing change. We've had 3 managers in just over a season. 3 long term club directors move on, one of them the former club chairman. A new CEO come in. Boardroom reshuffle. Changes in the season ticket pricing, and changes to the pricing. Concerted efforts to engage with and encourage the younger element on our support. I believe the communications haven't been good, but they are improving with a few comms released recently from David Cook updating the fan base.

Club really promoting the support of mental wellbeing among the support and wider community.

Continuing to support and promote the Disabled Supporters club. 

The development of the academy isn't making the progress that was anticipated, which is disappointing to everyone, but we're hearing some news of progress.

Signings have been slow after being quick to get rid of players. But tbf we're now seeing activity on that front.

I believe we're in a good spot but not fantastic, but given what the clubs had to do after relegation it's going well enough for me at the moment. 

Regarding perspective and opinions, it's wide and varied. That's great and to be encouraged. However pure conjecture and unsubstantiated stuff isn't helpful to anyone. Worst example recently being the suggestion of a German board member being linked to a supermarket, therefore we'd be intending to sell the ground to a supermarket group in the future. Also the suggestion that the former chairman was leaving because he knew of some dubious and controversial developing situation that would be determental to the clubs wellbeing. All some big sinister plan to f*ck us up for financial gain. All utter fantasy. 

Ok you know everything so any hint of scepticism is fantasy! I also predicted one of the board members businesses was in serious jeopardy and is also a board member on EEP. That was fantasy too 🤷🏼‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

On the same line as it easy just to pick up on the 1 or points made that are disagreed with to take the opportunity to go for the poster and ignore the other parts of the post. That just stifles any chance of debate, positive, negative or indifferent. Seems very oppressive. 

I mean, that's how a forum works. As for "go for the poster", come on... If you post potentially controversial things, you should expect a lot of response.

14 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Ok you know everything so any hint of scepticism is fantasy! I also predicted one of the board members businesses was in serious jeopardy and is also a board member on EEP. That was fantasy too 🤷🏼‍♂️

Scepticism is fine.  I am probably one of the most sceptical people on this forum. 

Unsubstantiated bull**** however is not so expect push back when you post it. 

17 minutes ago, Digs said:

I mean, that's how a forum works. As for "go for the poster", come on... If you post potentially controversial things, you should expect a lot of response.

It comes to something though when it’s that petty you have to pull the poster for mixing up the civil service club and Rosyth. 🤔