Club Update

rosythpar

53 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We shouldn’t be in a position where we’re waiting weeks on the amount of signings we need. The season starts Saturday and we must get off to a strong start.

End of window signings are helpful, but if we drop points waiting on them happening our season maybe over before it’s really begun. 

Is having pitches at rosyth and players going back and forth to east end make us much better off than where we were 6 months ago where we were doing the same but going to Alloa or McKane instead?

My impression from previous updates would be prioritise the pitches whilst the building work was completed, which made sense, but now it seems it’s not a case of finishing the building,  it’s that we’re only just finishing costing, that’s well behind.   Maybe i’m nieve here but surely in building projects initial costing etc should have been completed before we signed the lease? Otherwise how do you know it’s the right site?

That's the point. They would have been costed and these have since changed significantly due to external factors outside our control.

I would say we are better off in that the pitches, in the short term at least are ours and aren't being dictated for access by anyone else or used for other sports like Rugby and cricket like McKane.

I'll reiterate what I said before, signings are only worth making if they enhance the current squad. Everyone agrees our starting 11 is half -decent but we need cover and possibly a couple of tweaks to it. Our issue will come when we get injuries and suspensions. We are looking more long term so signing guys on 2+ year deals with the quality required to play at a higher level as we hopefully progress are much less likely to sign for us due to where we are at the moment. Hamilton wouldn't have signed for us had he not been a Pars fan I'm fairly certain of that, so other players like him are going to be more wary of doing so. We're not paying more, we're in a lower league so it's a gamble for players to come to us. We are where we are and we just have to be patient and adjust. Not making snap decisions to get bodies in is not the same as making the right signings. 

• Upvote 7

• The topic was featured

The training ground might not be ready as quick as we had hoped (June) but planning permission is now in for the floodlights according to the press and the astro should be going down soon. I would imagine they will hope to have these in by the winter months.

I think the building will be the most expensive part of the project. My grandad was a member at the civil service and they found asbestos in it a few years so no surprise they found more. They could end up having to knock the building down and start from scratch.The original price of the project was suppose to be around one million pounds but I would imagine it will have doubled. You also dont have Rosyth involved anymore who had a six figure sum to invest plus 3k a month in rent on top of that.

Hopefully we will see a few signings in by Saturday. Personally I would have liked to have 6 in by now but we are well down the pecking order when it comes to bringing players here. We might have the money to bring quality players in but they will more than likely go to the division above,Daniel Mackay for example. Yogi allegedly had a player signed for this season on a PCA and he activated the release clause when we got relegated. The club will have been trying to bring players in but the reality is we are in league 1 and not a big attraction.

• Upvote 4

A lot of talk of negative assumptions by posters.

So lets make some more assumptions.

Building materials did go up while short, they have stabilised in availability and prices have started coming back down, so let’s assume that is not the issue.

With regards to Astro pitch, we have plans submitted for a pitch and floodlights. Can we assume however it has not been put out to tender to build? Why because no exploratory work has been carried out on what is required to build in that location. Drainage assessment will be required, environmental impact, considering we have red listed endangered waders feeding on it that’s going to be a major issue. 

Having grass pitches to train on in the meantime is good, what happens during the building work, when they get waterlogged or when they freeze? We can assume we are still going to need to hire Astro this winter.

Then the building so far no change of use plans submitted it was a licensed social club.

Can we assume no building assessment was carried out on the condition and the full cost of conversion and if asbestos was present? My Asbestos training is always to assume that pre 1990 the building will have asbestos present. You can’t just knock it down and pretend it doesn’t exist, conversion or demolition still requires the asbestos to be stripped out. Surely if Rosyth knew this they would have passed it on to the club?

An average 4G pitch generally cost £60 per square metre but depends on the work required to build the base. So roughly £500,000.

So let’s assume the club have some very big decisions to make to invest in Rosyth or invest in the team!

The final point from the CEO was season tickets, he welcomed the good numbers sold however went on to say the U18 tickets had doubled can we assume we had 500 U18 tickets last year? This year its a 1000. 1000 @£50 only pays half of the CEO’s wage if the reported £100k salary is true.

Cup runs this year were/are vital, away crowds bar Falkirk will be low and unless we are playing good football winning games walk up spectators will not be massive especially with the cost of living crisis.

We need to find monthly wages, rent for EEP and all the other day to day running costs including gas and Electricity.

I’d like to assume the board has taken all these into account when planning for the season, bearing in mind none come from a football background?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Rengade Master said:

Building materials did go up while short, they have stabilised in availability and prices have started coming back down, so let’s assume that is not the issue.

With regards to Astro pitch, we have plans submitted for a pitch and floodlights. Can we assume however it has not been put out to tender to build? Why because no exploratory work has been carried out on what is required to build in that location. Drainage assessment will be required, environmental impact, considering we have red listed endangered waders feeding on it that’s going to be a major issue. 

Having grass pitches to train on in the meantime is good, what happens during the building work, when they get waterlogged or when they freeze? We can assume we are still going to need to hire Astro this winter.

Then the building so far no change of use plans submitted it was a licensed social club.

Can we assume no building assessment was carried out on the condition and the full cost of conversion and if asbestos was present? My Asbestos training is always to assume that pre 1990 the building will have asbestos present. You can’t just knock it down and pretend it doesn’t exist, conversion or demolition still requires the asbestos to be stripped out. Surely if Rosyth knew this they would have passed it on to the club?

An average 4G pitch generally cost £60 per square metre but depends on the work required to build the base. So roughly £500,000.

So let’s assume the club have some very big decisions to make to invest in Rosyth or invest in the team!

The final point from the CEO was season tickets, he welcomed the good numbers sold however went on to say the U18 tickets had doubled can we assume we had 500 U18 tickets last year? This year its a 1000. 1000 @£50 only pays half of the CEO’s wage if the reported £100k salary is true.

Cup runs this year were/are vital, away crowds bar Falkirk will be low and unless we are playing good football winning games walk up spectators will not be massive especially with the cost of living crisis.

We need to find monthly wages, rent for EEP and all the other day to day running costs including gas and Electricity.

I’d like to assume the board has taken all these into account when planning for the season, bearing in mind none come from a football 

Not sure where you’ve heard building materials are getting cheaper, it’s not what I’m hearing from any of my tradesman mates.

The drainage down there on the grass pitches is fine and always has been. I played on both the top and bottom pitches for years, and we were one of the few clubs that rarely postponed games in poor weather. 

Why would Rosyth know about the asbestos? They had nothing to do with the Civil, they played across the road. I said it was Rosyth Par who said he’d heard asbestos was found, and as far as I know, he is nothing to do with Rosyth FC. 

I’ve also no idea where the £100k a year comes from for David Cook or how anyone would know that. It’s a number plucked from thin air. 

Walk up fans won’t be any lower than normal, they got higher last year despite us being utter dug meat. We will have crowds of well over 3k most weeks, the friendlies and home cup games prove that, with over 1500 at those when it was all walk up. 

Where the board comes from has nothing to do with it. We’ve got a planned budget every year which is based on things we know and unexpected costs are factored in to an extent as are potential Cup Runs but I’d imagine they won’t be counting on anything beyond the first round as has been the case for a few years now, Ross McArthur has said as much in the past and I’m pretty sure they won’t have torn up the format. Not to mention, there are several people on the board who have been involved for years as well as Meggle whose background is in football. We budget pretty well for the most part and I can’t see any reason why that would change.

Honestly, if it feels like people are criticising the negativity, maybe folk have got a point. Ask questions, be critical where it’s called for based on facts but we can’t be filling in the blanks to suit a negative mindset as if it’s fact. I’m personally just fed up of people automatically jumping to a negative conclusions when it’s later proved to have not even been close to reality then nothing is said. 

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, Digs said:

Not sure where you’ve heard building materials are getting cheaper, it’s not what I’m hearing from any of my tradesman mates.

The drainage down there on the grass pitches is fine and always has been. I played on both the top and bottom pitches for years, and we were one of the few clubs that rarely postponed games in poor weather. 

Why would Rosyth know about the asbestos? They had nothing to do with the Civil, they played across the road. I said it was Rosyth Par who said he’d heard asbestos was found, and as far as I know, he is nothing to do with Rosyth FC. 

I’ve also no idea where the £100k a year comes from for David Cook or how anyone would know that. It’s a number plucked from thin air. 

Walk up fans won’t be any lower than normal, they got higher last year despite us being utter dug meat. We will have crowds of well over 3k most weeks, the friendlies and home cup games prove that, with over 1500 at those when it was all walk up. 

Where the board comes from has nothing to do with it. We’ve got a planned budget every year which is based on things we know and unexpected costs are factored in to an extent as are potential Cup Runs but I’d imagine they won’t be counting on anything beyond the first round as has been the case for a few years now, Ross McArthur has said as much in the past and I’m pretty sure they won’t have torn up the format. Not to mention, there are several people on the board who have been involved for years as well as Meggle whose background is in football. We budget pretty well for the most part and I can’t see any reason why that would change.

Honestly, if it feels like people are criticising the negativity, maybe folk have got a point. Ask questions, be critical where it’s called for based on facts but we can’t be filling in the blanks to suit a negative mindset as if it’s fact. I’m personally just fed up of people automatically jumping to a negative conclusions when it’s later proved to have not even been close to reality then nothing is said. 

Digs, you are very good at circumventing some points and ignoring other relevant parts when answering points.

Fair play, but if you do want to be reasoned why not take on all the points in their context?

7 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

I’d like to assume the board has taken all these into account when planning for the season, bearing in mind none come from a football background?

There are some of negative assumptions and your post proves that very point. So in essence, what is the point? 

Tbf most posters on here deal in facts, measured assumptions and considered reasoning. That's what we'd like to see on here regarding post content because we want quality, and we want fellow fans to feel the site is worth visiting and returning to. It's about posting responsibly and we are all responsible for what we post. Admin and moderators on here aren't about shutting down debate, however we pay for the site and therefore it's our responsibility to make decisions on what type of stuff we want to see posted. Having a right to an opinion is one thing, but don't automatically assume it can't or won't be challenged because it will be, not just by those helping run the site, but those using the site. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Having a right to an opinion is one thing, but don't automatically assume it can't or won't be challenged because it will be, not just by those helping run the site, but those using the site. 

Guess It would be a bit of a rubbish forum if nobody’s opinion was challenged! 😂

As for making assumptions,  we all do it, and assuming the board have everything sorted and it will all work out hunky dory is as big of an assumption as anything else said on this thread.

If the work has never been costed, how can it be paused because prices have increased?

the site was taken over at the height of material shortages when prices were at their highest. Prices have flattened and some have come down (if you do your own research, and not listen to your mate)

You also know that a massive amount of construction work is required to build an Astro pitch especially if they use a tarmac base. This also requires building and civils works and materials. 

The point made about walk up fans was caveated with having a good product on the pitch which was ignored and the cost of living crisis which was set to get worse when the heating needs turned up when it gets colder and prices increase again. Russia is running the Nors pipeline at 1/5 capacity causing European shortages already. This will effect the running costs of the club also.

I don’t mind discussing anything but let’s discuss the full point not cherry pick a certain bit to make it look like it’s not factual.

9 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

Digs, you are very good at circumventing some points and ignoring other relevant parts when answering points.

Fair play, but if you do want to be reasoned why not take on all the points in their context?

I didn't circumvent anything. I commented on those I had an answer and/or opinion on. That's all.