Chris Mochrie (+ Robbie Crawford speculation)

kelty_par

20 minutes ago, Superally said:

I see Dundee have signed Joe Grayson on loan from Barrow. A player who they describe as comfortable in defence and midfield. It might mean that their possible trial for Crawford may come to nothing 

Another centre half signed, could Mcpake make a cheeky approach for Ashcroft? Wishful thinking I know

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Digs said:

That must be an error. He can't be registered to play for one team and turn out for another.

Yeah he can. Peterhead actually had a player they had on loan from Dundee play against them for Dundee Colts last season. He got injured in the game and was out for the remainder of the season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Yeah he can. Peterhead actually had a player they had on loan from Dundee play against them for Dundee Colts last season. He got injured in the game and was out for the remainder of the season. 

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Na they can do it. Dundee United preview on their website even said they’d use players that are out on loan at other clubs

I didn't know that, every day is a school day. I assume this is a rule just for this competition? I have heard of players turning out for their parent club in u20's games. 

By coincidence, I've just read that Che Reilly, who we had on trial recently from Hillfield Swifts, has just signed for Livingston, will be loaned back to Hillfield but will play for Livi in Challenge Cup and Reserve matches, backing up what you guys have said. 

4 hours ago, Digs said:

I didn't know that, every day is a school day. I assume this is a rule just for this competition? I have heard of players turning out for their parent club in u20's games. 

I’m not quite sure of the relevant rule but at a guess maybe the colt sides are technically classed as u20 sides? It’s a piece of nonsense imo. 

4 hours ago, Digs said:

I’m sure this rule is in place only for this trophy and was part of the whole colt team argument.  The bigger clubs saying it’s an opportunity to have “continuance” within their groups.  Those one or two games must make all the difference 🙄