New third kit

36 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

It was, as far as I remember, launched during the season though.

I agree it would be tone deaf if there was a bunch of Pars home and away strips available, but that appears not to be the case.

It was and we used it the next season, then we launched a purple third/away kit that season too in Sept or Oct. 

Wore it against rangers, think it might have been the first game the Norrie was used after becoming all seater.

Edited by Al k
Added Rangers bit

In five decades of following the Pars I have never felt any obligation, either from the club or anyone else, to buy a replica top. I don't think that makes me any less of a Pars supporter, and I don't understand the use of phrases like cash-grab etc. If it floats your boat to buy a replica shirt (1st, 2nd or 3rd choice) or a Sammy doll, go ahead, if not, then don't - it really is that simple.

Equally, I don't understand the suggestion that the club lacks moral values or integrity by making a product (any product, eg a 3rd strip) available to those who want to buy it - particularly if (as has been suggested) supplier problems mean that some alternative products (eg the 1st/2nd strips) are unavailable to potential customers.

As for the suggestion that DAFC is moving away from traditional values by seeking to increase revenue by marketing and sponsorship, then the question has to be asked about what the alternative would be. Every year costs increase significantly for running DAFC - a large-ish football club operating in a large-ish stadium, but not at the level that generates sufficient revenue or satisfies most fans.

The fanbase have been enormously generous for the last 9-10 years, but even that is simply not enough to meet expenditure or reasonable expectations, either of the team or of the stadium maintenance. And while many in the early days were initially keen to help in some way as volunteers, relatively few have stayed the course due to outside circumstances and (frankly) burn-out. Something had to give.

So although I would have loved to see 100% local ownership of DAFC continue, IMO it had become unviable. But AFAIK around 50% of DAFC Ltd is still owned by Pars United CIC, and the Fußball GmbH investors seem to be benevolent, tempering ambition with realism. And the Chairman/CEO and most of the Board members are dyed-in-the-wool Pars fans. So it's not all bad.