New third kit

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Amazingly worse than the current ones. I had a go at Rangers for releasing a third strip recently, well into the season and during a cost of living crisis. 

Bad decision by the club in my opinion, especially given its a limited edition. Why not have it for next season too?

I don’t mind it.  You seem to believe the home and away strips are poor this season which is baffling, both are good tops.

I agree it seems a money grab. The timing seems deliberate to be before Xmas and used a couple of times. On the flip side I generally don’t understand the outrage about too many tops, there is zero requirements for someone to buy a top,  nobody gives the slightest **** what tops you own.  If you like it and can afford to buy it then buy it, if either of those don’t apply that doesn’t mean you are any less of a fan someone who did.   Can’t imagine ever waking into a ground and judging a fan for wearing a strip a few seasons old.

We can talk of cost of living over ticket prices or even how much a strip costs the addition of another option has changed neither 

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t mind it.  You seem to believe the home and away strips are poor this season which is baffling, both are good tops.

I agree it seems a money grab. The timing seems deliberate to be before Xmas and used a couple of times. On the flip side I generally don’t understand the outrage about too many tops, there is zero requirements for someone to buy a top,  nobody gives the slightest **** what tops you own.  If you like it and can afford to buy it then buy it, if either of those don’t apply that doesn’t mean you are any less of a fan someone who did.   Can’t imagine ever waking into a ground and judging a fan for wearing a strip a few seasons old.

We can talk of cost of living over ticket prices or even how much a strip costs the addition of another option has changed neither 

I think they are honking, the collars just don't do it and make them look awful. 

Speaking of old strips there's a market in that. I always wonder what the cost would be for the club to do a classic top once a year and release it before Christmas. Maybe 250-300? 

I think the strip looks ok - the yellow and blue work together. It doesn’t look much like a Pars kit though.

There’s clearly no need for a third kit and this is a marketing exercise to give the shop some kits to sell as Christmas presents. Remember this is David Cook’s specialty and his job to increase income and this will do that.

Is "money grab" really the right description if you have a choice? Genuine question as I dont understand the logic of calling it that?

I seen on twitter theres been an issue with Joma around wait times for kit (4 months) so we picked a generic kit stuck a badge on it and brought out before xmas to see if it will encourage some sales too and make sure we arnt short. The post also said we are binning Joma at the end of the season. Dunno if thats true or not, its a random name.I dont recognise. But it's believable. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I dont think it was really necessary to bring out a third shirt and seems a bit greedy from the club. I know we have a choice but we are already putting money in the club through season tickets,centenary club,home and away tops,50/50/golden goal,programmes,legends etc. Where does it stop? 

Whenever you choose.  The club will take however much you are willing to give.   There isn’’t and never should be an obligation to buy anything from the club.  

54 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Is "money grab" really the right description if you have a choice? Genuine question as I dont understand the logic of calling it that?

I seen on twitter theres been an issue with Joma around wait times for kit (4 months) so we picked a generic kit stuck a badge on it and brought out before xmas to see if it will encourage some sales too and make sure we arnt short. The post also said we are binning Joma at the end of the season. Dunno if thats true or not, its a random name.I dont recognise. But it's believable. 

Came here to say this. If the club can't satisfy demand for kit through no fault of their own then I don;t blame them for trying to maximise revenue at their club shops second busiest time of year for sales. Not sure how it could be turned into a cynical view of screwing the fans, you're free not to buy it!

I actually think it's decent. I won't be buying it myself, as I'm very much of the mind our change shirts are red, and red only, but that's just me. I still like the design. I also don't mind Joma as a supplier. Only issue I've had with quality was the last white one with the collar from our last time in League 1, where the Macklin Motors sponsor started to peel. Every other kit I've bought, usually one a year, has been fine.

Folk have long been expecting David Cook to bring his marketing expertise to recognise revenue for the club, well, here it is.

• Upvote 2

I don't think it's cynical for the club to try and get money. I just don't feel its right to be introducing a strip nearly half way through a season that's going to be worn for something like three games. People do have the choice not to buy it but it won't stop parents getting it from kids wanting the latest kit at a time where the majority are struggling financially. 

wasn't aware of the issues with strip supplies and that will be a big market for us, so fair play to the club coming up with something to fill that void. 

14 minutes ago, Al k said:

I don't think it's cynical for the club to try and get money. I just don't feel its right to be introducing a strip nearly half way through a season that's going to be worn for something like three games. People do have the choice not to buy it but it won't stop parents getting it from kids wanting the latest kit at a time where the majority are struggling financially. 

wasn't aware of the issues with strip supplies and that will be a big market for us, so fair play to the club coming up with something to fill that void. 

The parents are also free to *shock, horror* say no to their children...a radical concept nowadays it seems.

• Upvote 2