Jan transfer gossip

Superally

As we head towards the Jan Transfer window what signings do we need to get us over the line? Could we lose players? And what players / positions do we need filled? Already there is talk of Dundee's Niall McGinn leaving Dundee but the suggestion is that he possibly headed towards Glentoran.  Personally I still think we are vulnerable in some positions and we don't score enough goals.  

Left back cover is needed,  how confident we could be in Fenton to provide that I’m not sure.  Another experienced body would be handy to have around in case of Benedictus being unavailable.   Other than that I think the best bit of business we can do over this window is still have mochrie and fisher at the club come the end of it.

I'd send Mahon back he's been brutal, only saw Ritchie-Hosler twice and he's not impressed. Would keep Fisher and Mochrie. 

RH was short term but not sure I lf we have the option send Mahon back, read somewhere we were in talks about keeping all the loanees. Would we be able to loan anyone's else without ending one?

Think we would need an attacking midfielder, would like another striker but think Todorov would need to be the one to go. O'Hara should fit well in to our line when he returns, hopefully McCann can also start getting a few more going forward so that's not a vital one to be honest. 

Maybe another defender if we have three in the middle. As above left back is needed. 

1 hour ago, Al k said:

I'd send Mahon back he's been brutal, only saw Ritchie-Hosler twice and he's not impressed. Would keep Fisher and Mochrie. 

RH was short term but not sure I lf we have the option send Mahon back, read somewhere we were in talks about keeping all the loanees. Would we be able to loan anyone's else without ending one?

Think we would need an attacking midfielder, would like another striker but think Todorov would need to be the one to go. O'Hara should fit well in to our line when he returns, hopefully McCann can also start getting a few more going forward so that's not a vital one to be honest. 

Maybe another defender if we have three in the middle. As above left back is needed. 

Wouldn’t be getting rid of our top scorer this season. He gets goals and we need that to win the title

All our strikers are still in contract until at least the end of the season so none of them will be going anywhere. Todorov, Wighton and O'Hara are experienced strikers who should have been scoring plenty goals at this level but have not. Lewis McCann needs to score goals at this level because he has failed to do it in the championship. We need a ball winner in midfield.

Someone was telling me at the Kelty game you pay a lot more for a loan player if they dont play 60 minutes, so Mahon could maybe get sent back to Motherwell. Mochrie could also get recalled and sent out elsewhere.

We will need to add to the squad because it is still a bit thin and I am sure the club mentioned before we still have budget left. We have also had a trialist in who arrived the day of the QOS game but not sure if he is still here or not.

If Meggle is going to be signing foreign players for us you would imagine it will have to have been in place for a while to get the paperwork done in time.

31 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Someone was telling me at the Kelty game you pay a lot more for a loan player if they dont play 60 minutes, so Mahon could maybe get sent back to Motherwell. Mochrie could also get recalled and sent out elsewhere.

We will need to add to the squad because it is still a bit thin and I am sure the club mentioned before we still have budget left. We have also had a trialist in who arrived the day of the QOS game but not sure if he is still here or not.

If Meggle is going to be signing foreign players for us you would imagine it will have to have been in place for a while to get the paperwork done in time.

it Differs. Some clubs will not charge a club if the player is very young or not at a great level they are happy to just put him out.

As a ball park figure its usually between 40 and 50 % of the players wages, some clubs might say you have to pay 40% if he plays 60% if he dosnt. It all depends on the 2 clubs doing the deal.

Mahon cant play for another club so for that reason he might choose to stay but he's not really playing here either.

As for Mochrie, Liam Fox is currently assessing if he wants him back but reading P&B some Championship and League of Ireland clubs want him.

Edited by Par_fect

Like said above, a bit of cover at left back would be good. Not sure Fenton is ready and Breen or MacDonald just don't look comfortable there the few times I've seen them in there. Not options if Edwards was out for a few games.

I can't see a striker coming in. McCann back and O'Hara not far away. Saw somebody mention a ball winning midfielder but we already have one who can't get a game.

If anything I would say a bit more pace in wide areas is where we're short. Somebody that get crosses in and is direct. Not sure where that player fits in our style of play though.

19 minutes ago, Superally said:

Seen a post on another forum that The Scum is stating that Hearts are interested in Mehmet as additional cover for Gordon.

If anyone believes that, I’ve got a bridge to sell them…

Its an horrendous photoshop.