Todorov

livipar2

Hoping that McPake finds a place for him in the starting 11 on Saturday. Or failing  that ensures he gets a good run out off the bench.  Given his last touch of the hall was the opener at Peterhead it’s seems a bit harsh he has never got on the pitch since.  Especially in the QOS game.  Given he may not be here next season it would be good to see him get a big reception given all his important goals this season. 

May need his height in the team anyway with no Bene or Breen!

• Upvote 1

I think he will be here next year unless he himself wants to go. You just need to listen to McPake's interview speaking about him after the QoTS game, and how important his goals have been and the fact he's scored 11 from the bench. Looking at Todorov too and his body language, I think he's really happy, aside from not playing 90 mins every week. How many goals has he ran round and celebrated with the scorers when he has been warming up? 

• Upvote 1

I'm not that keen on speculating on Pars players contracts especially it they are if they are continuing playing an important role. I think Todorov  has done incredibly well especially scoring the goals he has done coming off the bench. If you were to compare minutes played I think he would be right up there, so his value in the squad is well placed for me. He is a different type of striker from Wighton and McCann, Its also very clear to see that he loves playing for the Pars and there is no doubting he gives 100%  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Superally said:

I'm not that keen on speculating on Pars players contracts especially it they are if they are continuing playing an important role. I think Todorov  has done incredibly well especially scoring the goals he has done coming off the bench. If you were to compare minutes played I think he would be right up there, so his value in the squad is well placed for me. He is a different type of striker from Wighton and McCann, Its also very clear to see that he loves playing for the Pars and there is no doubting he gives 100%  

According to the BBC Sport website (not always accurate, I know) Todorov is scoring at a rate equivalent to a goal every 1.5 games, which is very good and the best in the team. He’s certainly proved his worth as an impact player but is that enough for him. At this stage in his career he may want to be starting regularly.

I think one factor is to him it seemed a big deal when he joined was moving back to the Edinburgh area, with that in mind what other FT clubs would be likely to give him an offer?  He’s never signing for a premiership club so that kinda leaves ourselves, rovers and Falkirk with Hamilton and airdrie as outside chances and his style of play probably doesn’t suit the majority of those.  I think if mcpake wants him there’s a reasonable deal to be done.

He's popular in the NW given he's got a song about him. Comes across well when interviewed. McPake is pretty generous with praise for him. Seems to love it here, which helps massively. He scores goals and gives our squad options. I think he can score next level up.

Get him signed.

On 27/04/2023 at 09:30, Piracy said:

He's popular in the NW given he's got a song about him. Comes across well when interviewed. McPake is pretty generous with praise for him. Seems to love it here, which helps massively. He scores goals and gives our squad options. I think he can score next level up.

Get him signed.

He’s already proved he can score regularly in the championship, it’s up to the management to decide if the can get him to do it again.

I can confirm that Todorov is happy at EEP. He would obviously like more game time but said he can't complain when those starting ahead of him are playing well and getting good results. He also said it's up to him to convince the manager he should be starting when he gets on. A manager needs players with that attitude rather than those who moan continuously when they're not playing.

• Upvote 1