Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

54 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Surely some of the new players Patrick have signed could have ended up here- Williamson,Alston and Mcinroy.

Williamson is one I’m surprised we’ve never signed (no idea if we’ve even tried) as he’s a local boy as well so fits a few of our boxes.

Alston, also local, but I’d say his best days are behind him tbh. Not sure he’s add much.

McInroy, another local and he did ok previously, would he fit into what we’ve got now? Not sure. I’d rather have Hamilton tbh.

I’ve heard rumours, which may be wildly exaggerated or potentially completely made up that Williamson was involved in a some players nights out after the celebrations and it was considered his attitude maybe slightly lacking.  Nothing majorly controversial, but wee things that suggested he wasn’t going to maximise his talent.

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I’ve heard rumours, which may be wildly exaggerated or potentially completely made up that Williamson was involved in a some players nights out after the celebrations and it was considered his attitude maybe slightly lacking.  Nothing majorly controversial, but wee things that suggested he wasn’t going to maximise his talent.

See, this is my bit of concern about the nice club culture. A lad barely in his 20's get's drunk and doesn't cover himself in glory, so he's now not the type to player for the Pars. No wonder it takes us so long to find players.

I'm not a fan of the club living up to an identity and pigeon holing ourselves with recruitment. I would prefer that we were a bit more organic. Just accepted an deal with different types of personalities as they come.  That way we can spread the net wider to get the best possible players. I'm guessing we are going by word of mouth to decide if these players are good guys? That is flawed in itself. Or is it a personality test before they join? You won't find the real personality until they are in the door 2-3 weeks. I want Pars to be in the top league and having the best players is the way to do that. Not taking lesser players because they're a nice guy. Bring in the the better player and work with them. Gazza at Rangers played in a massively successful team that he was a huge part of. They guy was a complete bampot that was managed brilliantly by Walter Smith

I manage a team of 18 engineers and have a majority of really nice guys but there are 4-5 that take up more of my time questioning things and making their feelings known. They are very skilled an knowlegeable at what they do and despite being disruptive at times, they bring a lot to the table in terms of passing on experience to young engineers and apprentices and completing some of that more complicated projects that we take on. I would rather work with these guys than get rid most certainly.

I just want my team getting back to the top division where it regularly was and I feel presentations about how everybody must project a nice culture to the outside world is not needed. We should be calling out bad behaviour when it occurs but no need to impose it on everybody and rule out good players. I have no interest in being a Forest Green or St Pauli type club. I find it contrived and I find telling people what they should eat and how to love the planet quite irritating. I can make these choices for myself. I could find this nice club indentity annoying me more than anything.

Edited by Tartan Army Par
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

See, this is my bit of concern about the nice club culture. A lad barely in his 20's get's drunk and doesn't cover himself in glory, so he's now not the type to player for the Pars. No wonder it takes us so long to find players.

I'm not a fan of the club living up to an identity and pigeon holing ourselves with recruitment. I would prefer that we were a bit more organic. Just accepted an deal with different types of personalities as they come.  That way we can spread the net wider to get the best possible players. I'm guessing we are going by word of mouth to decide if these players are good guys? That is flawed in itself. Or is it a personality test before they join? You won't find the real personality until they are in the door 2-3 weeks. I want Pars to be in the top league and having the best players is the way to do that. Not taking lesser players because they're a nice guy. Bring in the the better player and work with them. Gazza at Rangers played in a massively successful team that he was a huge part of. They guy was a complete bampot that was managed brilliantly by Walter Smith

I manage a team of 18 engineers and have a majority of really nice guys but there are 4-5 that take up more of my time questioning things and making their feelings known. They are very skilled an knowlegeable at what they do and despite being disruptive at times, they bring a lot to the table in terms of passing on experience to young engineers and apprentices and completing some of that more complicated projects that we take on. I would rather work with these guys than get rid most certainly.

I just want my team getting back to the top division where it regularly was and I feel presentations about how everybody much project a nice culture to the outside world is not needed. We should be calling out bad behaviour when it occurs but no need to impose it on everybody and rule out good players. I have no interest in being a Forest Green or St Pauli type club. I find it contrived and I find telling people what they should eat and how to love the plant quite irritating. I can make these choices for myself. I could find this nice club indentity annoying me more than anything.

I highly suspect you’re going to be pursued by Stephens the bakers only selling vegan bridies at East End pal, you’re safe 😉

1 hour ago, Tartan Army Par said:

I just want my team getting back to the top division where it regularly was and I feel presentations about how everybody must project a nice culture to the outside world is not needed. We should be calling out bad behaviour when it occurs but no need to impose it on everybody and rule out good players. I have no interest in being a Forest Green or St Pauli type club. I find it contrived and I find telling people what they should eat and how to love the planet quite irritating. I can make these choices for myself. I could find this nice club indentity annoying me more than anything.

You've misinterpreted pretty much everything I said. I've posted a response to most of that on the other thread. None of what you've posted here is what is being said by the club.

• Upvote 2

"I manage a team of 18 engineers and have a majority of really nice guys but there are 4-5 that take up more of my time questioning things and making their feelings known. They are very skilled an knowlegeable at what they do and despite being disruptive at times, they bring a lot to the table in terms of passing on experience to young engineers and apprentices and completing some of that more complicated projects that we take on. I would rather work with these guys than get rid most certainly.

I just want my team getting back to the top division where it regularly was and I feel presentations about how everybody must project a nice culture to the outside world is not needed. We should be calling out bad behaviour when it occurs but no need to impose it on everybody and rule out good players."

In the last 12 months, we've signed Kyle Benedictus and made him captain and Paul McGowan on loan - and both have had "brushes with the law" in the past.  We also signed Chris Hamilton, who doesn't seem to back out of a challenge.  Based on what we have done so far, it doesn't seem like we're imposing a policy where anyone with a blemish against their name is off-limits, or that we only sign "nice guys" on the pitch. 

What we seem to have managed is to bring together a range of characters who get on, which forged a decent team spirit, which led to us gain points in 10 games (out of 11) where we fell behind.

What it does mean is that if we're sitting 5th in the league at the end of January and in need of a few goals, we're unlikely to sign David Goodwillie because he's more likely to find the net than Lewis McCann. 

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We also signed Chris Hamilton, who doesn't seem to back out of a challenge.  Based on what we have done so far, it doesn't seem like we're imposing a policy where anyone with a blemish against their name is off-limits, or that we only sign "nice guys" on the pitch. 

This. I made this very point to the Manager last night and he agreed. I said that it's clear we haven't foregone the competitive edge citing Hamilton's reaction (and subsequent booking) when McCann got emptied by Murray and he flew in their and smashed Murray, sticking up for his teammate. I added that it's not about being nicey nicey, it's about how you carry yourself as an individual and both he and David Cook said, that's it, exactly.

The manager made the point about his red at Alloa where he thought it wasn;t a red, but having seen it later, he thought it probably was, but Hamilton didn't go mental, he apologised to the guy and took his medicine. That's the sort of thing they are talking about, it's about character.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Digs said:

You've misinterpreted pretty much everything I said. I've posted a response to most of that on the other thread. None of what you've posted here is what is being said by the club.

To be fair, unless you were at the meeting last night then you've heard nothing from the club.