Raith v Pars

Superally

3 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

The boy has some serious strong attributes, and could go on to a much higher level.  But there’s one thing that keeps coming up as a wee hurdle for him in my opinion - confidence/mentality.  Sometimes he just seems to not believe in himself as much as he should.  

I personally think that’s potentially a result of not enough game time when he was younger, either because of injury or failure of several coaches to send him out on loan.  I hope that this season an injury free consistent run of 20 games or so will really see him come alive.

Got a lot of time for him as a player, his effort certainly isn’t in question at any time.  

I hope he does kick on. I've been critical of him in the past, but he's showing some great attributes with his pace, power and his eye for goal.

For me, he needs to work on his link up play, his first touch sometimes makes him look like he couldn't keep up a balloon in a phone box - There's no point winning the ball if you can't keep it. 

I'd also like to see him using the pace to make runs looking for more through balls in the final third through the middle/inside channels rather than wide all the time, but to be fair, this is more down to where we're playing him, but if he can use his pace and energy to get up alongside Wighton more often, he could definitely do that.

He's a bit away from being a player yet, but he's definitely showing signs of improvement in a number of areas and that's all you can ask for. 

• Upvote 1