Mon the boys in blue and white!

SanguinePar

8 hours ago, Al k said:

The Robertson one too, keeper flew into him and dropped ball, keepers always get the benefit of the decisions. The ref was brutal.

That was an absolute shocker. Had that been McTominay on Rodri in the centre circle it would have been a free kick to Rodri and a booking for McTominay it was a straight knee to the back FFS!

The tackle from Carvajal on McGinn was an absolute joke as well. The ref motioned that it was a coming together!? He jumped straight at him and took him out, preventing him from getting in behind the Spanish defence, on what planet was that not a foul?

I don't blame refs generally speaking, I think you get what you deserve out of a game, but when you have things like the above, whilst Laporte got away with about 3 bookings before he eventually got booked, you have to question the referees competence, if not his integrity*

*This same ref has been questioned in the past as part of a match fixing investigation where he was named in allegations by a player.

11 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

If anyone still has the idea in their head that football isn't corrupt at times they need their head examined.

No free kick for wiping out mcginn, it was  obstruction at least, if not a direct fk and a booking. Dykes gets booked when he's fouled. Robertson also wiped out, from behind this time, and he's injured. Foul given against hickey at the start of the second half for **** all. Laporte should have been off, someone kicked hickey while on the ground. Not stopping for a headknock to mcgregor. Changing the reason for the goal being disallowed theres others in there I havnt even typed.

Apart from the pars going to ibrox thats the worst and most blatant I have seen it. The refs employers got the outcome they wanted. I dont even blame the Spanish

Sadly, "homer" refs are hardly a new phenomenon. 🙄 While Scotland rode their luck at times, they were treated very harshly by the match officials. 

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Can’t understand the desire for a Spain win.  A draw sees us through and gives us the best hope for finishing top.  I desperately hope for an equalizer soon. 

Me too, but a goal for Spain meant a Norway win was less likely. First things first. I hoped for a late equaliser, but it wasn't to be.