Wee Team v Pars

Superally

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Get beat and we’re bottom of the league, is it not must win just cause you said so? 

We won't definitely be bottom if we lose.

Even if we were there are still TWENTY SIX games left including 1 transfer window.

So, I repeat, its not a must win game.

Next window we must focus on guys who can help our young players not sign even more 20 year olds.

We also need another centre back with experience. Breen is a perma crock. We have three natural centre backs and play with three. We are reliant on Bene holding it together too much. This shoe horning 5 foot 7 midfielders and right backs into the back three is fine for league 1 but not this league. 

The front line is painful to watch. No goal threat at all. Just hoping big McCann hits a 25 year thunder bolt is our only threat. None of our strikers carry a threat in the 18 yard box at this level. 

1 hour ago, Al k said:

These were all players that could have had decent game time last season when it was in the bag. Now we have had them on the bench for the majority of this season with pressure being unfairly put on them. 

I remember that, but the majority wanted to keep the unbeaten run going. 

48 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Two fife clubs under new ownership and only one who really looks like being an improved side. Back your manager and sign the players he wants. 

And yet there's folk who claimed there's not a single raith rovers player who would improve our squad. 

Edited by parsforlife

Glad to see all the doubting Thomas’s are out in force after a couple of defeats, been awfully quiet without them the last season and a bit.

McPake said throughout the window, these are his players, that he was happy with, and that’s that.

That in mind he has to be given the time to improve the run and entrust the players he signed.  

Or we could just roll our eyes and blame ze Germans (which is ironic considering only one of the active group is actually German), and wonder when we will see East End bulldozed to become a Lidl, and then all the naysayers can scream “told you so”.

💀

• Upvote 1

I don`t know who first said that football can be a cruel game, but yesterday was the perfect illustration of how true that saying is. Only the most one-eyed Rovers fan would deny that the very least we deserved was a point.

I take some consolation from the fact that yesterday`s performance was a vast improvement over the week before v Ayr. Things have tightened up dramatically in the last couple of weeks, with both ICT and Morton picking up full points. The pessimists will be looking nervously at the bottom end of the table, but we`re also not far off 4th. 

Some big games are coming up in the next few weeks, which may well define our season. I think we can pick up enough points from these games to reach a midtable position and hopefully, push on from there when all our injured players are back.

13 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Two fife clubs under new ownership and only one who really looks like being an improved side. Back your manager and sign the players he wants. 

I'm not sure on the last part, the only targets we known McPake definitely missed out on were McGowan and Wotherspoon. I'm glad about McGowan and we'll see about Wotherspoon. 

There are however Rovers signings from this season that I'd have loved, and that's where I find myself agreeing with the first part. Under our new ownership we've went from a club 4th in the Championship, to one that's apparent aim is to avoid relegation from the championship? That's not good enough IMO. There new owners have came in and they've went from a side that finished seventh in the Championship, to one that'll likely finish in the top two this year. 

• Upvote 3