Wee Team v Pars

Superally

Between the 2 games against rovers and the ayr game last week we dont really look better at scoring than the last time we were in the championship. I've not been impressed with O'halloren since he came in and Jakubiak looked lively but seems like a one trick pony so far. Once the rovers defence sussed him that was that. We really need to solve this goal scoring dillema. Either our midfield need to step up or our strikers need to start banging them in.

It wasnt a bad performance. More frustrating we cant score

2 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Maybe a striker that can get us 15/20 goals a season. Stats suggest we making chances.

IMG_20231028_173645.jpg

Yep the signing of Jakubiak is showing that the guy is simply not a goalscorer. Wighton is technically a very good footballer but has been like ten men with him up top. He just can get into a game. Don't think he's suited to being the lone striker. 

Chalmers is rapidly looking like the off the pace slow midfielder we had two years ago. Not getting all the time he had last year. O'Halloran is not offering much for a guy who's played at a high level previously. The experience is just not giving us much right now.

Three defeats for this team, The next game against Morton on Fri will be huge. This game will determine how good a manager McPake is in building up confidence in a team not used to losing. I wasn't at the game but I gather there was an improvement in performance and i'll take heart from that as the previous two games (Jags / Ayr) were poor. The growing injury situation is proving to be an utter nightmare and i don't think that helps either.

Poor recruitment bitting us on the arse, great we got Fisher, Otto and KRH but the past two windows have been awful.

McGowan playing preseason was an absolute waste, there should be been others in getting tried out instead.

O'Halloran hasn't been up to much, known for two seasons our midfield options are lacking and we can't score. Jakubiak I think will give us some creativity but again another player that's hardly scored double figures in two years.

Theres a massive difference between league one and the championship. Lose next week and we are in trouble in my opinion, in the bottom two potentially.  Then united the week after.

All our own doing I'm afraid. On the plus only A few points between the teams but night and day from our last win when we beat Morton.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Deutsch Par said:

Maybe a bit unfair to put so much on a younger player's shoulders but maybe we were a bit hasty loaning Taylor Sutherland out.

Wighton is our only proven scorer at this level, he's a good shout from the bench but as you say bit unfair.

These were all players that could have had decent game time last season when it was in the bag. Now we have had them on the bench for the majority of this season with pressure being unfairly put on them.