Scottish Cup

Deutsch Par

14 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Absolute crap numbers there. Could swear 20 years ago it was like 16k for a TV appearance and the cup prize money was way higher.

Part of the reason the TV fee is lower is a decision was made to put more into the general pot rather than just for tv games.  The other reason is rounds 1-3 we’re not televised until about 4 years ago, BBC Scotland then picked them up on the cheap, usually they broadcast non-league or lower league games so the impact on crowd is lower. Can’t think of any all championship games before being broadcast 

3 hours ago, livipar2 said:

I’d hope the Clubs agree something like £10/£1 and get a massive crowd. More likely £15 or something like that. Shame Raith have to agree - not sure how being a community club aligns with charging £24 for a second tier game.

Question is, would £10 tickets make enough difference to the crowd to make up for the amount lost if tickets were, say £15? We'd need to sell 50% more tickets than we would have anyway.

So, say we would sell 7000 at £15... we'd need to sell 10500 at £10 just to break even (rough numbers obviously) - would we get an extra 3500 people? It's hard to say for sure, especially with it being on telly.

Community-wise a lower price is definitely the right thing to do. Financially though it might not be.

The main issue is being on telly is detrimental to the finances without even offering a financial benefit like it used to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

Fair points. Just think it’s a great chance for both Clubs to give back to the community in a meaningful way rather than just pay lip service as some Clubs often do. Especially as it’s close to Christmas etc. Also we play them 6 times a season 🤦‍♂️

Don't disagree at all :-)

4 hours ago, livipar2 said:

Fair points. Just think it’s a great chance for both Clubs to give back to the community in a meaningful way rather than just pay lip service as some Clubs often do. Especially as it’s close to Christmas etc. Also we play them 6 times a season 🤦‍♂️

TBH, I think that the club does quite well at giving back to the community through a number of activities, particularly through the work being done via the Pars Foundation - some clubs do more, many do less.

Lowering prices for the Cup match would benefit those in the community who want to watch a football match, but as SP pointed out, there's a fair chance that it would also lower the club's income and therefore reduce the club's ability to help the community in other ways.

There are arguments both ways, it's not clear-cut. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’m away down south for this weekend anyways so bit annoyed won’t be there, however if I was home, I’d go.  £20 isn’t that bad.  Could have been a hell of a lot worse.  Probably get around 5000 there.

Wonder what kind of attendance it could have been with a £10/£5 entry point? Would it have got to the 10k mark?  Certainly wouldn’t have been cost effective with the added policing and stewarding costs, so we are where we are.

21 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

One of the most soul destroying experiences in recent times was watching us pump Raith 4-1 at home on my laptop as fans were banned from the ground during COVID. 

I'm not missing the chance again 

If we beat Rovers 4-1 this time, I'll donate £20 to the charity of your choice! 😄

• Upvote 1