Morton v Pars

Superally

The Pars face a "glamour TV” rescheduled game on Friday when they head through to Greenock to face Morton. The Pars come off a narrow defeat on their last outing which unfortunately formed part of a three game losing run dropping them to eighth place in the table. Morton sit three points behind at the bottom of the table. Equally while we have our own problems Morton also have theirs losing five games thus far, however on their last outing they managed a 1-0 win against Ayr Utd who recently defeated the Pars. Both teams have only managed nine goals, but Morton’s defence appears to be slightly more vulnerable conceding fifteen thus far. While we do seem to be creating chances but are not clinical enough to take advantage. The Pars also don’t have their injury problems to seek with Bene and Breen added once again to the crocked list. Summers dead leg should be clear but KRH, Tod, and Todd have still a way to go. This will be Morton’s third game in six days so hopefully tired legs will come into play and offer a slight advantage. The Pars do need to get some momentum going and should be emboldened by winning 3-1  on their last outing together with a stellar performance. However, once again this will be a difficult fixture hopefully the Pars will edge it enough to earn the vital three points.

My understanding is that there is a quiet confidence and determination that the team will bounce back from Saturday's disappointment. 

Confidence and determination alone are no guarantee of a win, of course, but they can certainly help. Start on the front foot, get that all important first goal and take it from there.

I'm not going to Greenock, but I'll be kicking every ball in front of the box. COYP!!!

Some are starting to panic after three defeats on the bounce but when you look at the league table, we win the two games in hand and we go 3rd. That's how tight this league is and we, along with a few others will be yo-yoing up and down this league all season until some start to drift away from the pack at both ends. 

As I said before, I am not too concerned yet as we played well on Saturday and should have taken at least a point. I didn't see Ayr so can't comment on that, but at Partick, whilst we lost soft goals, I thought again that we did ok on the ball and again, had chances. 

We just need a couple of things to click and I don't think we need to drastically change all that much. Individually, we have a good squad, so getting the most out of each individual, whilst regaining that brilliant team spirit from last season should be McPake's priority.

For this, I'll go 1-2 Pars.

• Upvote 1

Scenarios -

Win and we are fourth.  All will be rosy across the forums and social media, McPake will be heralded as the man to lead us to the promised land of the Premiership, meanwhile sales of bratwurst and other German related produce will soar.  Talk will begin of who the next “Kevin Nisbet” sell on will be.

Or-

We lose 2-0 and we sink to the bottom, all forums will contain snivelling posts of derision and “told you so”, Wighton will be labelled lazy, Chalmers not good enough for this level, McPake “found out”, the Germans will be subject of a partial boycott of the local Lidl/Aldis and someone will report that a bid to the council has been made to flatten (KDM GROUP) East End Park and turn it into the UKs biggest German Donner Kebab outlet.

Or, the most meh 0-0 draw ever.  Nothing changes.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Digs said:

I didn't see Ayr so can't comment on that

Trust me, it was absolutely atrocious, really, really bad. I didn't see the Thistle or Rovers game though, so can't comment on those!

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Win and we are fourth.  All will be rosy across the forums and social media

If that's the case, those views can be safely disregarded

We lose 2-0 and we sink to the bottom, all forums will contain snivelling posts of derision

“told you so”

If we lose 4 in a row, and our overstretched and injury-hit squad is part of the reason, I think anyone who previously highlighted how overstretched and at risk of being injury-hit we were, might be reasonably justified in feeling that way, tbh.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Trust me, it was absolutely atrocious, really, really bad. I didn't see the Thistle or Rovers game though, so can't comment on those!

If we lose 4 in a row, and our overstretched and injury-hit squad is part of the reason, I think anyone who previously highlighted how overstretched and at risk of being injury-hit we were, might be reasonably justified in feeling that way, tbh.

What about the views of those who say all three? Disregard those too? 😉

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4800793/james-mcpake-hopes-to-have-two-long-term-dunfermline-absentees-available/

KRH and Matty Todd might be back for Friday. Didn't realise they were that close to a return. Not very clear if Bene will be back though. He is cruical to that back 3. I would actually go back 4 if he's not available.