The Pars v The Arabs

Superally

The Pars face their second Friday night fixture in a row in yet another televised match on BBC with what should be an exciting game at EEP. Last outing together was a score draw at Tanadice with the Arabs scoring in extra time to cancel out a Craig Wighton opener. Dundee Utd are living up to expectations and even with twelve games played they are the Championship team to catch, however they were set a reminder on their last outing coming back against ICT to draw - preserving an unbeaten run thus far. The Pars never seem to do well on televised outings but did manage a win against Morton and while we did well in the opening 45, the second was a bit hairy, but the 3points were deserved. McPake may have a few options open to him, KRH and Summers made the bench but didn’t play, Todd is not far away. Breen, sadly is long term and there is still a doubt about Bene. Systems and formations will be determined by who is available, however the Pars will have to be at their organised best facing the best attack and defence in the league. I think the Pars may have had a lift from their last outing I think a share of the points may be on the cards. 1-1 for me COYP

All my pars predictions bar one have been miles off.

So in the hope of being wrong again I've 1-3 united. 

United have been on good scoring form and I'm not sure our make shift defence will stop that. If can play like we did the first 20 minutes of Friday then who knows?

A really difficult game to call. I can see it finishing as a draw and think both clubs would be reasonably pleased with that but statistically, it's apparently the least likely result in any game. I'll go for 1-1. (If we score first we'll be disappointed, if United do we'll be well chuffed. 😀)

It'll be interesting to see the size of the crowd. I'd imagine a significant number of fans, of both teams, will be inclined to stay at home and watch it on the box. 🙁 I wouldn't criticise anyone who does. I'm going but it never crossed my mind to travel to Greenock last week.

It's a long journey back after a defeat.....

39 minutes ago, Superally said:

Looking at the Managers preview, Todd and KRH will be in the squad for Friday. Tod, Bene and Breen are the other outstanding injuries. Tod isn't back training yet. No mention of Summers though

I think he covered summers in the general ‘same as last week’ comment, and whilst KRH was mentioned despite being in the squad he was much longer term