The Bunnet is aff!

Superally

Surprised at this news. Sounds like the whole backroom staff have been punted. Think Arbroath will regret this decision. As sure as ****e, can guarantee they will go down. Massive boost for Tuesday, with Dick not about to fire them up. I would imagine at 70, retirement is deserved, even though he has other business interests.

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Folk think Spartans = Diddy team when in reality they've probably got a comparable budget, if not bigger, than Arbroaths.

First I have heard that. Their squad is reasonable and there’s certainly a couple you would expect to be playing league 1 but it doesn’t look to be on the same scale at arbroath who are at the point some of the players the have brought in aren’t working outside football.

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

First I have heard that. Their squad is reasonable and there’s certainly a couple you would expect to be playing league 1 but it doesn’t look to be on the same scale at arbroath who are at the point some of the players the have brought in aren’t working outside football.

They've got a few boys you'd expect to be higher than they are, Danny Denholm, James Craigen, Paul Watson amongst others. Their staff is a reasonable size too. I couldn't say what their exact budget is obviously, but from the folk I know who have been around when they were in the Lowland League, it's decent. The point I was making is that they're not the diddy club some think they are. I think it comes from them being a lower league team for all that time, as in EOS/Lowland in the same way Bonnyrigg, Kelty etc are the new boys to the league. People just assume they are small, that's all I meant.

20 minutes ago, Digs said:

They've got a few boys you'd expect to be higher than they are, Danny Denholm, James Craigen, Paul Watson amongst others. Their staff is a reasonable size too. I couldn't say what their exact budget is obviously, but from the folk I know who have been around when they were in the Lowland League, it's decent. The point I was making is that they're not the diddy club some think they are. I think it comes from them being a lower league team for all that time, as in EOS/Lowland in the same way Bonnyrigg, Kelty etc are the new boys to the league. People just assume they are small, that's all I meant.

I agree that they can’t be treated as a wee diddy club, their league position shows that