New year v Rovers

Fifes Elite

Strange I couldn't see a thread on this already so I will start one.

Not looking great is it?  Rovers have scored 18 goals in the last 7 games. And 6 in the last 2 games. We are gona have change formation to a back 4 probably and hope hamilton with a broken cheekbone is able to play there(and not in his natural position). They have loads of players to change the game with while we have nobody to bring on for a player who might have a knock. Our home form isnt amazing and while rovers have also conceded 6 in the last 2 our attacking play has been our weakness so I am not sure we will capitalise on it. What players will we even have fit?🤣

Anyway, hoping to get pished at new year which changes my mindset and makes me positive for the game.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Strange I couldn't see a thread on this already so I will start one.

Not looking great is it?  Rovers have scored 18 goals in the last 7 games. And 6 in the last 2 games. We are gona have change formation to a back 4 probably and hope hamilton with a broken cheekbone is able to play there(and not in his natural position). They have loads of players to change the game with while we have nobody to bring on for a player who might have a knock. Our home form isnt amazing and while rovers have also conceded 6 in the last 2 our attacking play has been our weakness so I am not sure we will capitalise on it. What players will we even have fit?🤣

Anyway, hoping to get pished at new year which changes my mindset and makes me positive for the game.

I share your concerns but remain optimistic. Look at how a makeshift Arbroath turned it round yesterday. They were so strapped they had to bring on a sub goalie as a CF who then scored an absolute screamer. We normally have 2 goalies on the bench so are actually in a pretty good position. Raith will be crapping it knowing we have such firepower available😇. Joke in aside this will be a test of resilience and digging in. If the lads on the pitch put a decent shift in and play for each other then we will do fine. Forget past and previous games. This one kicks off on Tuesday all even and all to play for. Football is a funny game and this league throws up plenty funnies. COYP.

• Upvote 3

@Fifes Elitebeat me to it. New Years day always brings a derby game and this time round the Pars face a familiar foe in Raith Rovers who head along to EEP. This will be the fourth time we have faced the Wee Team with a rather forgettable cup game and two previous league games where the Pars were narrowly beaten 1-0 but arguably we should have taken something from the league games. Raith have gone from strength to strength and are giving Dundee Utd many peoples favourites a real challenge for the title and deservedly top the table. While the Pars sit fourth in the table, form has been terribly inconsistent still one defeat in the past six has shown a team that has resilience. Unfortunately, the frustration of everybody is the dreadful injury situation which is our main constant. Injuries to key players and players returning from injury to be injured once more has shaped a side where the inconsistency in our play is as frustrating to the fans, the management team and probably the players themselves. I dream of a game with a Pars win, a clean sheet and players walking off the park free from injury. At the moment because of injuries the Pars are probably in makeshift mode not the time to be facing a form team at the top of the league, 1-2 for the Wee Team sadly. However I would dearly loved to be proved wrong.

Can't see anything other than an easy rovers win. They have such good attacking options and we are shuffling our defense around again. 

But how many times have they beat us in the past when we were the stronger team with the better squad. Football's a strange game at times.

It's so obviously a Rovers win. Absolutely everything says a Rovers win.

But, I'm not giving a flying f*ck about any of that. I want us hammering into them from the off. I want to see passion and resilience, and I think we will. At Airdrie the other week we won against a decent enough side in atrocious conditions. Obviously it was 2-1 but should have been at least 4-1. At some point this season we're going to pull off an amazing result, this game is it. I'm telling ye min

• Upvote 2

We have to beat them at some point. Probably need to be at our best and be clinical in front of their goal. I ken, tall order. I'm going for 3-3 draw, 7 bookings, referee losing control, flares launched at both ends and Pars fans singing a new song, for a New Year.

• Upvote 2

If every game, or even most games, went as predicted, there wouldn't be any rich bookies. 

Who would have tipped Fulham to beat Arsenal and Forest to beat United at the weekend? There's no 2 without 3 as any Italian will tell you. 🙂

• Upvote 1