New year v Rovers

Fifes Elite

15 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Back to the game, just watched the post match interviews and what I found worrying is that the manager and Hamilton thought we played good stuff and unlucky. Can’t say I thought there was much good play overall yesterday apart from summers goal but each to their own 

You must have been at a different game from me because I agree with them. Only thing that let us down for the most part was the set piece defending (which we know is an issue) and the final ball. We controlled much of the ball for large parts of the game. Fair play to the Rovers, they got their goals and stayed very well organised and were hard to break down, as they have done in every single other game we've played them.

• Upvote 3

It's unreal how far apart some folks views on the same game can be. Ayr (h) & Thistle (a) are 2 games I left feeling really really angry at how utterly garbage we can be on any given day., however Tuesday definitely wasn't one of those games.

We let ourselves down at the 2 set pieces but still had really good passages of play, albeit without taking the few chances we created. Added in to that mix, the various changes in set-up due to the inevitable injuries, it's hardly surprising our organisation let us down.

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 1

I think it was fine when taking into account the state of the squad*. I would say that our insistence that our point of attack was to get down the flank and cross it in was massively infuriating, Dabrowski had one leg, there should've been pot shots getting fired from all angles. 

*The state of the squad is another question but it's also not fine. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

I think it was fine when taking into account the state of the squad*. I would say that our insistence that our point of attack was to get down the flank and cross it in was massively infuriating, Dabrowski had one leg, there should've been pot shots getting fired from all angles. 

*The state of the squad is another question but it's also not fine. 

Whilst I agree we should have been trying to get more shots away, again, I put that down to how well organised they were, especially since we walked right through the middle of them to get our goal. They got their second and then just played a really compact back line and midfield in front of it making it very difficult to get the space to shoot through. Moving the ball wide was as much about trying to stretch them and create those gaps to shoot as it was about getting it down the wing for crosses due to that space not existing. 

From Police Scotland (Fife)

Three male youths, aged 16, 15 and 14 have been arrested and charged in connection with the assault of a 17-year-old man in Dunfermline.
The incident happened around 5.30pm on Tuesday, 2 January, 2024, following the Dunfermline Athletic and Raith Rovers football match.
Three males aged 17, 15 and 20, were previously arrested and charged in connection.
They have been released on an undertaking to appear at Dunfermline Sheriff Court at a later date.
Enquiries are ongoing.
  • Upvote 1