New year v Rovers

Fifes Elite

I seriously hope there is no repeat in the remaining game v Raith along at San Starko. These things have a terrible propensity to escalate. It's a real shame that the minority detract from some of the great work done by the club and the likes of Jason, Atmosphere does not = violence or pyro on the pitch.

23 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

I seriously hope there is no repeat in the remaining game v Raith along at San Starko. These things have a terrible propensity to escalate. It's a real shame that the minority detract from some of the great work done by the club and the likes of Jason, Atmosphere does not = violence or pyro on the pitch.

Theres been bother at the last 2 games through at starks so I would have expected some bother and a heavy police presence at the next one and thats before the bus stop incident.

The best thing that could happen now is the culprits need to be identified and banned from EEP. If they under 18, then they won't be named in the press for legal reasons. They won't be fined, or giving a community payback order. I would imagine that a few of them will have to be interviewed with their parent present. The only punishment they'll get is if a parent decides to give them a skelp in the pus I'm afraid.  (here's hoping)

Edited by scottyboy
  • Upvote 1

I have a bit of sympathy for the club in that enforcing a banning order must be pretty difficult tbh, if it's given by the police they'll have to clock into the station at a certain time, but how the club stop them going into the Norrie under a different name? Let alone away games etc. 

A tough one for the club, it'll be there name getting dragged through the mud but dishing out punishments without the police cooperating will be extremely difficult. 

1 hour ago, Grant said:

I have a bit of sympathy for the club in that enforcing a banning order must be pretty difficult tbh, if it's given by the police they'll have to clock into the station at a certain time, but how the club stop them going into the Norrie under a different name? Let alone away games etc. 

A tough one for the club, it'll be there name getting dragged through the mud but dishing out punishments without the police cooperating will be extremely difficult. 

That's a good point tbh.  Turnstiles are rarely manned these days, and the club don't want a police presence at matches because of the costs. 

I remember an outcry a few years ago when I think it was the police were wanting clubs to take names and addresses of everyone who bought a ticket and to stop selling tickets the day before match day.  I could be misremembering but that comes to mind for some reason.

3 hours ago, Grant said:

Aye I don't blame Jason in the slightest and I'd imagine he'll be tearing his hair out at that. I think he would've been better just leaving the membership bit out, it's not like he has any control over who buys a St there and holds up the paper pre Match.

The lads obviously attempting to distance the good work done in the NW from a minority of wee hoods acting like wanke*s.

He's had a lot of backing from the club attempting to build a singing section and generally speaking it's worked, but there's still work to be done and club have to lead the way.

Just to add, I still think there's plenty to be optimistic about and I'm convinced we can overcome these present issues as a club and as a support.

This is our problem, we get the club we deserve. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

Theres been bother at the last 2 games through at starks so I would have expected some bother and a heavy police presence at the next one and thats before the bus stop incident.

We left from the Old Inn last game at Starks rather than go for a beer in Kirkcaldy pre-match knowing bother was going to happen. I'd lay good money on there being bother again unless the Police really take control like they done in Falkirk last season. 

8 minutes ago, Superally said:

I see on another site that a 17yr old has been arrested, hopefully that is the start with more to come.

Only the start, he'll sing like a Canary. The Police round them up and try and have them all in the station at the same time if they can.

4 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Screenshot_20240103_161342_Messenger.jpg

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Only the start, he'll sing like a Canary. The Police round them up and try and have them all in the station at the same time if they can.

Exactly. They'll need to pick holes in their story. If they street-wise, they will "no comment", but if the parents are there with the under 16s, they'll blame each other. Definitely getting banned and if they any sense, I reckon they won't head anywhere near East End.