New year v Rovers

Fifes Elite

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I can`t get my head around why anyone would want to be a part of such mindless thuggery. And who stood idly by filming the whole sorry incident and then posting it on SM. Why didn`t anyone intervene to help the poor lad?

It will be one of the group filming,  they were proud of their actions.

Fans of other clubs are having an absolute field day. Thing is, I'm not sure what they actually want the club to do. Evidently they cannot do too much given it's an ongoing Police investigation. It's just a complete nightmare.

Embarrassing for the club and the culprits deserve everything they get. Hope the boy has a speedy recovery, as raging as I was yesterday it never crossed my mind to go start fighting folk over a game of football. That being said that wasn’t a fight it was 10 v 1

• Upvote 1

Back to the game, just watched the post match interviews and what I found worrying is that the manager and Hamilton thought we played good stuff and unlucky. Can’t say I thought there was much good play overall yesterday apart from summers goal but each to their own 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Fans of other clubs are having an absolute field day. Thing is, I'm not sure what they actually want the club to do. Evidently they cannot do too much given it's an ongoing Police investigation. It's just a complete nightmare.

This is a situation of absolute losers, the club can't do anything about this. 

They've made a statement and are assisting where possible. No kid should be in a situation where they can't walk home safely from a football game. Where were the police around the ground for a big derby? Knowing full well the issues from the previous games. I'm under the assumption its the bus stop along from the stadium?

The kids are all pictured and hopefully justice will prevail. Other casuals are taking this as an opportunity under the pretense of "self justice". 

We all know innocent folk are going to get done over as result, there's no way anything good is going to come out of this at all.

All the clubs in scotland need to get together and work with the police and get some sensible statement about the whole situation with flares at game, all these ultra groups throw **** and arranging meets before games. The stupid scenes with all these little ****heads wearing the badge and posting crap on the socials.

Its only a small majority but its dragged the club down with it (Rightly so with flares and things constantly being thrown from the NW).

Its not just a Dunfermline problem but after these idiots yesterday were filmed it's rightly in the news and being speaking about. 

I hope the parents are properly going in on them. If that was one my kids the very least they would doing is volunteering with disability charities every Saturday for at least a year. 

Edited by Al k
  • Upvote 1

It’s not the clubs fault and I feel sorry for the board etc having brought out a statement the week before regarding integrity etc. A group of wee idiots outside of the ground have caused the club to put statements out apologising for their actions including our disabled group who are nearing on getting their money for a lift etc and have done so much work in the community etc…

All the hard work done over the years has been tarnished by a wee bunch of knobs.

The club has done what it can do regarding the incident so we can only move on with a squad of 14 to play queens on Friday🤷

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Back to the game, just watched the post match interviews and what I found worrying is that the manager and Hamilton thought we played good stuff and unlucky. Can’t say I thought there was much good play overall yesterday apart from summers goal but each to their own 

Trying to keep the confidence up of the guys who are fit is what I read into it.

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

Without trying to downplay the severity of the incident/crime, it's pretty evident people are jumping on it and using it as an excuse to have a go at the club. Pretty shameless. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Grant said:

Without trying to downplay the severity of the incident/crime, it's pretty evident people are jumping on it and using it as an excuse to have a go at the club. Pretty shameless. 

I agree as the club can’t do anything about an incident outside EEP..