The Pars v Queens Park - Finally!

Just now, Secure Par said:

I really think the board haven’t backed MCpake with decent signings at this level. It’s just not good enough.

However he’s has to get the team playing for the jersey and giving their all for 90mins. 

I'm beginning to agree with this, recruitment has been poor and trying to cover key positions has been scratching the bottom of the loans dustbin.     

• Upvote 2

Just now, Superally said:

I'm beginning to agree with this, recruitment has been poor and trying to cover key positions has been scratching the bottom of the loans dustbin.     

Then the board are at fault. Fair enough we've had our injuries, but there is no way he has become a bad manager over the last 2 months. I'll only criticise him for not playing these young players from last season, when we won the league with a handful of games to go. Think we were trying for some record of not losing games. I have no idea what it was. It historical now.

15 minutes ago, Superally said:

I don’t think this is going to happen. The team we’re putting out don’t have either the experience or the collective guile to dig themselves out of a hole: that, plus heads are very definitely down at the moment.

Edited by Yorkiepar

36 minutes ago, Superally said:

See I was thinking last week we played 2 new players at the back,just signed that hardly know the team….was this McPake trying to prove a point to the board that it’s just not good enough? Is it Cook? There’s just something not right there imo with management/cook and board. 
The body language from our management in the dug out looks like they have downed tools🤷🤷

Edited by Secure Par

22 minutes ago, Al k said:

Usual "trying to get players in" quote. How about we ****ing did that at the start of the month....

https://dafc.co.uk/manager-post-queens-park-3/

It’s same old pish from the club and coming out saying we won’t get relegated. 

it’s about time the board come out and tell the fans what’s happening. Radio silence from them is deafening.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

It’s same old pish from the club and coming out saying we won’t get relegated. 

it’s about time the board come out and tell the fans what’s happening. Radio silence from them is deafening.

McPake has clearly had enough and I feel it’s the board/cooks decisions that have made him like this? They haven’t backed him up with our injury crisis.

9 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

McPake needs to get the squad going…. A players day out or something like this….time out and have a squads day… a change is needed  as the current players don’t seem to be like last season🤷

I saw a Roy Keane clip the other day, talking about when teams have team bonding sessions, they are proper in trouble. 

Are we training today boss, no we are going paint balling lol.

6 minutes ago, MarkPar said:

I saw a Roy Keane clip the other day, talking about when teams have team bonding sessions, they are proper in trouble. 

Are we training today boss, no we are going paint balling lol.

😅😅 and Keane had a great management career? 

2 hours ago, Secure Par said:

😅😅 and Keane had a great management career? 

Tbf, he wasn't actually bad. His first season at Sunderland was mightily impressive, and keeping them up was good going. 

Was interesting reading his autobiography and it became pretty clear his heart just simply wasn't in it for Ipswich. 

How can the management team have watched us ship 8 goals in 2 games at home and still not change the formation?? What will it take for him to get away from this 5 at the back pish! Clearly doesn’t work and to me the players have stopped playing for him, either that or they just clearly aren’t good enough 

I was really surprised at how we started the game.  I thought we would have come flying out the traps to put pressure on Queens and get the fans onside, but it was strangely subdued and passive, allowing them to find their feet early. 
I expected the same after half time, but again, largely gave them too much space to pick passes. That was the main contributing factor to the first two goals 

Edited by Raymie