The Pars v Queens Park - Finally!

1 minute ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Before they sack McPake, they better have a long hard think about what tools they gave him this season over both windows.  And then take a long hard look at themselves. 

Who even comes in? Other than Mcabe and Fordyce is there any decent options? Imrie?

Would they even want to come here? The board have a lot to answer for.

Ain't looking good. I hope McPake isn't used as a scapegoat for all our woes. Surely if we go down, the club will lose money? Can the board write off their investment, reg a training facility. I'm afraid Craig Wighton and the other ones that experienced relegation the last time, won't dig us out of a hole. Be better money to made in shipping surely?

IMG_20240210_173256.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
Saving space

Thought at HT we might grow a bit more into it, we were not great but at least we competed. Did we kick on in the second half  - no it was the reverse. This team is in a relegation battle and make no mistake that the players on the pitch are not man enough for it. McPake needs to do more than just stand with his hands in his pockets. 

Cards on table ………. I welcomed the investment in the Club. Without it I felt we were likely to be in the wilderness. Since then I can see that there has been some attempt to plan for the future (and it doesn’t bother me that it is reportedly over ten years) but the priorities - seemingly saving on the squad while financing the infrastructure - are definitely looking misplaced. I’ve also not minded that the Board have kept a fairly low profile and have let McPake do the talking, but he’s beginning to sound like a desperate man - that latest interview on COWS previewing today’s game was a stream of rambling gibberish. So I think it’s time for someone else to step up and let the supporters know what the grand plan actually is. Of course our injury situation hasn’t helped - who’s holding their hand up for that? It can’t all be bad luck - but I very much fear that we’re headed back down to Division 1.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

Cards on table ………. I welcomed the investment in the Club. Without it I felt we were likely to be in the wilderness. Since then I can see that there has been some attempt to plan for the future (and it doesn’t bother me that it is reportedly over ten years) but the priorities - seemingly saving on the squad while financing the infrastructure - are definitely looking misplaced. I’ve also not minded that the Board have kept a fairly low profile and have let McPake do the talking, but he’s beginning to sound like a desperate man - that latest interview on COWS previewing today’s game was a stream of rambling gibberish. So I think it’s time for someone else to step up and let the supporters know what the grand plan actually is. Of course our injury situation hasn’t helped - who’s holding their hand up for that? It can’t all be bad luck - but I very much fear that we’re headed back down to Division 1.

I watched both his and OHallerons interview before today and said to a pal, they both looked and sounded totally defeated.

Another shocking spineless performance today. This was the perfect opportunity to get things back on track as Queens Park are also a poor side. However for the second week in a row the opponents had a better game plan and delivered it better. Yes there is half a team out injured but there are still eleven out there and they must do better.

Lose v Arbroath next week and we will be favourites to go down.

14 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I watched both his and OHallerons interview before today and said to a pal, they both looked and sounded totally defeated.

He did say we need help a few weeks back. I reckon I knew what he meant. It seems to me that the board don't need to panic, as priority lies elsewhere. If only we had a supporter on our board like Ross McArthur. I wouldn't know the guy Cook from anytime I've been at the football. Replacing McPake just now will make no difference. I hope he walks. Unless the better injured players are back soon, then the writing on the wall.

Edited by scottyboy
Meggle interim manager, saves a wage