The Pars v Queens Park - Finally!

After last Saturday’s pitch postponement debacle, the big question on this occasion is not the issue of Pars injury list, its is whether the pitch will actually be playable! Given the weather conditions over the next few days and the level of flooding the pitch will be pretty saturated and potential frozen. Adding in that there is a substantive hole this also requires to be filled and new turf laid. Ultimately the Groundsmen will have their work cut out in unfavorable conditions. Ideally, we would all like to see the Pars play and there were some signs that the injury list may have reduced slightly. Adversely a further postponement may also be to our advantage but that must be balanced against match fitness and perhaps not ideal when you are to face Dundee Utd the following week. Queens Park will have their tails up with a recent Pars win followed up with a win against Raith Rovers. indeed Calum Davidson has already benefited from a new manager bounce. With some returning players I think home advantage will be enough to ensure the Pars can get back on track with a 2-1 win only if the EEP passes a pitch inspection. COYP

My preference would be for the game to go ahead. It's not good for the (fit) players to go too long without a game. Also, for purely selfish reasons, I prefer a Saturday game at this time of year. Dragging myself out when it's dark and baltic is no fun for an auld fogey. 😔

Game will be on. Pipe is fixed I believe, faulty seal replaced and I’m pretty sure they won’t have just left the water to sit on the pitch. Temps will be well above freezing with a good few hours of sunshine on Friday and warmer again on Saturday with rain. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Digs said:

Game will be on. Pipe is fixed I believe, faulty seal replaced l

Good to hear. sign of an aging system. There must be dozens more seals of a similar age that were just waiting on failing.

Full system probably needs a complete overhaul at some point, a costly job I’d imagine and with so many other areas also looking for funding I can’t see where the cash is to spend on something that isn’t required at our current level is.

It really does need replaced, it’s so out of date and costly to run. It’s on the list of things that need attention according to DC at the last fan group meeting I attended, but like you say, it won’t be cheap.

I think it was just bad luck. If something isn’t on all the time in cold weather, which we’re never going to do either from a cost or need point of view, it will expand and contract with the temperature and when you start running hot water through it. Old seals will eventually give out. It’s 15-20 years old I’m sure. 

I'm thinking the weather is likely to remain against us, so I hope if there is a repair there may be a slight chance that we might have a game. After that I suppose its down to player availability, at least our new signing will have had a opportunity to familiarise himself with the squad. In terms of injuries I'm guessing McCann and Ottoo could be available, I'm not sure about Fisher and hopefully the niggles with some of the other players will have cleared. 

• Upvote 1

Dunfermline Athletic can provide the following update on the condition of the pitch at KDM Group East End Park.

Following last Saturday’s postponed match, the issues within the under soil heating system have now been resolved, the excess water drained and pitch repaired. However with the minus temperatures setting in early this week, we have been unable to test the under soil heating system fully and as a precaution it has not been turned on ahead of Saturday’s match. 

At present the pitch is currently frozen, but with temperatures due to rise tomorrow afternoon and Saturday ahead of kick off we are hopeful the Queen’s Park match will go ahead. Any further updates will be communicated to supporters in due course.

• Upvote 1