The Pars v Queens Park - Finally!

On 20/01/2024 at 11:06, Raymie said:

He is unhappy at the way we are being run, so promises to be be a lively meeting ?

Where about was that occurring? 

What puts a magnifying glass on matters IMO is Raith getting a new ownership group and going from a poor championship side, into one putting up an incredible points total and if it wasn't for a Dundee United side posting up a two million pound loss, would be running away with the title. 

Such talk of a ten year plan just seems a bit much in that regard. 

Not for a lack of money either if our reported losses are to be beleived. 

Edited by Grant
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Piracy said:

No, the bigger picture, this season overall so far. 

Now that I understand. Just seemed a strange leap.

Been saying for a while that the Raith changes highlight how lacking we have been on a number of fronts for a while.  Typically Dunfermline to get a huge investment from a consortium yet go backwards.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Now that I understand. Just seemed a strange leap.

Been saying for a while that the Raith changes highlight how lacking we have been on a number of fronts for a while.  Typically Dunfermline to get a huge investment from a consortium yet go backwards.

My train of thought at the time was, another game off, the usual unsubstantiated points of view being splattered about the place would now follow. Another piece of news like this could add to the frustration of some influential Pars supporters who are alledgedly not happy with aspects of how we're being run. All chat, might be load of sh*te.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 11:18, Rossmcno1 said:

Not sure if you meant to attach an image but nothing showing if you had.

I think Raymie was just answering my question about the email. 

If it's an email sent purely to Patreons it's fair dinkum if it stays that way. 

Edited by Grant
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Grant said:

Where about was that occurring? 

What puts a magnifying glass on matters IMO is Raith getting a new ownership group and going from a poor championship side, into one putting up an incredible points total and if it wasn't for a Dundee United side posting up a two million pound loss, would be running away with the title. 

Such talk of a ten year plan just seems a bit much in that regard. 

Not for a lack of money either if our reported losses are to be beleived. 

I agree with this. Have went backwards on the pitch. Bar last season winning the league at a canter. This season squad was up to standard at the start off the season and everyone could see that.

It’s taken for an injury crisis to seem like the board to act but have still only brought in one player in January.

I don’t believe what rovers are doing is sustainable but it is impressive. 

I get the club are trying to develop but the results on the pitch are ultimately the business off the club.

12 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Yes, don’t feel it’s appropriate to share but you get the gist 

Fair dos.  

think it’s a fair shout that there are concerns about how we are being run, the costs involved, and lack of communication.   Again compared to Raith, sadly lacking.

I've nae idea what goes on behind closed doors, but the game being off is genuine enough for me. Best to forget about faulty USH, as ours causes more bother than its worth. Only thing I'll say about the new board is, that they are investors, who have putting money in, that'll want a return and profit back on it. I wouldn't blame them for that. That's business, but if it goes tits up, then the fans will let them know in no uncertain terms. I'm not sure they picked us for any other reason, could be wrong though. Anyways, on to the next game and a few injuries closer to playing.

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

There won't be a 'pile on', and don't be a cheeky hoor.

Let me clarify: the way this season has gone it could be interpreted by anyone with an interest in Dunfermline that things aren't maybe being managed effectively. I'm hearing some influential people aren't too happy with how things are just now. Let's see what the shareholders meeting brings.

It was a poor attempt at humour referring to a post on .nut

No need for the name calling to be fair, thought this forum was better than that.

It was a genuine question from someone most definitely not "in the know"