Challenge Cup

Airdrie go through to the final after beating Raith 1-0 with a Todorov goal. I thought they looked good value for the win  I thinks Raith form is defo slipping in recent weeks - Has the bubble burst? Tomorrows semi is Falkirk v The New Saints with ex Par Declan McManus who may feature Hopefully a win for the Welsh team. The possibility of a Airdrie v The New Saints final is quite realistic as is the possibility of a Scottish Trophy heading to Wales!  

I don't think their form is slipping, I think their luck has run out. I've said it since the start of the season they were riding their luck quite a bit and weren't all that great. 5 defeats on the bounce...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Superally said:

Airdrie go through to the final after beating Raith 1-0 with a Todorov goal. I thought they looked good value for the win  I thinks Raith form is defo slipping in recent weeks - Has the bubble burst? Tomorrows semi is Falkirk v The New Saints with ex Par Declan McManus who may feature Hopefully a win for the Welsh team. The possibility of a Airdrie v The New Saints final is quite realistic as is the possibility of a Scottish Trophy heading to Wales!  

Fingers crossed and hopefully they don't give it back.

9 hours ago, Digs said:

I don't think their form is slipping, I think their luck has run out. I've said it since the start of the season they were riding their luck quite a bit and weren't all that great. 5 defeats on the bounce...

Totally agree with that.

Perfect result for us - Raith lose, fixture pile up for Airdrie and 3 players off injured.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Digs said:

My thinking too. United have had their fair shar as well.

12 hours ago, Digs said:

This.  They had some quality in that time, but also an absolutely unsustainable level of last minute goals.   Watching them last night was almost pleasant - they were utterly rancid.  Airdrie weren’t even that good, they didn’t have to be.   It feels like a total meltdown in a large part of their supporter base and I’m all for it 😂 long may it continue.

Rovers really annoyed me this season, especially the club social media having a dig at us. I should know better, but it's irritating. 

I think we'll start to pick up points again. I hope we make the play offs, and I'd take this lot with glee. I think we'd smash them.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

Rovers really annoyed me this season, especially the club social media having a dig at us. I should know better, but it's irritating. 

I think we'll start to pick up points again. I hope we make the play offs, and I'd take this lot with glee. I think we'd smash them.

I do have a wee wish, sneak into 4th with a bit of form, get that lot in the playoffs and beat them with a last minute winner.  Club to then quote tweet all of their wee digs with a simple 👍, one after the other all the way back to the start of the season.  Would be most pleasant.

• Upvote 1

Total meltdown with their fans, absolutely embarrassing. I thought we had some melts. Newly launched singing area was very good all the booing nailed and in sync.

Very pleasing, if you get the chance watch the interview with Murray on Raith tv. Interviewer properly having a go. He looks like a rabbit in headlights. 

Quite shocking, good to question the manager about decision etc... But going straight in really isn't professional for the clubs own staff 😆.

• Upvote 1