Pars v Arbroath

Superally

7 minutes ago, Lochalsh Par said:

I am confident we will get 3 points at Glasgow next week. I also have no problem taking flack for this. Our away form is far better than home form. We will see next week.

Only from the speed camera on the motorway. Gone from not being able to beat the top three not beating the bottom three. 

Need a defender also a creative midfielder both with experience and confident we will see neither.

• Like 1

The first half was an improvement on the past 2 weeks but we were strangely subdued in the second half until the last 10 minutes when we had chances to win. Finally a change in formation and a player who actually understands how to play as the lone striker meant we could play a simpler style on a terrible pitch. 
Still not good enough against the bottom side but with 2 players due back next week hopefully that long overdue win isn’t too far away.

Lochalsh Par, you were probably confident of taking 9 points from the last three games ( for what it's worth I thought we would pick up 3 or 4). The last game I saw in person was the last time we played Arbroath however I am not sure about a change of manager, I would give him another few more weeks. I really feel he hasn't had the backing of the board when it comes to bringing players in. I think he has been told to shop at Poundland when what we need are higher quality/experienced heads.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

McPake clearly can't change this. 9 games with no win. 1 goal for and 9 against in 3 home games. 1 point gained in three home games,  9 up for grabs. Two of those teams were bottom and second bottom. Who the hell are we going to beat if we can't beat those teams?

The Board and injuries excuse can only go so far. Today had Otoo and Hamilton in midfield, largely seen as the solution. MFW at the back with Hamilton. MFW was McPake's singing. Benjamin utter garbage. McPake signing. Holmes did nothing, McPake signing. 

I have held back my concerns on this manager for a while now. Not now. Time is up.

I appreciate the effort they're putting in but that was a really terrible game to watch. So many bad passes I lost count. We may have played better but Arbroath were awful. We're not getting clear of this battle at the bottom now. It's going to be like this until the end of the season. Grim

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I appreciate the effort they're putting in but that was a really terrible game to watch. So many bad passes I lost count. We may have played better but Arbroath were awful. We're not getting clear of this battle at the bottom now. It's going to be like this until the end of the season. Grim

Can’t disagree with this. If we can’t beat an absolute shocking side in Arbroath, then I’ve no idea where the next wins coming from