Pars v Arbroath

Superally

No wins finished Grant, then draws with Hughes left us in 9th. The Play Off with Queens Park was one of the worst games at EEP. Can't remember us creating a single chance, setting us up to not lose, instead of trying to win. If we can't win over the next few games, then I reckon we'll be in Play Offs once more. Relegation would be a disaster and the club will haemorrhage a lot of fans. 

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Let's not reminisce about Hughes, eh? The man was an utter fraud

Just another appointment who can't lead this club successfully in the second tier of Scottish football. Grant, Hughes and McPake is now in that same category.

Heartbreaking how incompetent our owners and managers have performed since 2011.

Growing up in the mid 80's and through to the Bert Paton years leaves you numb watching the modern day Pars. Gutless wimps all over the park that don't have the balls to compete. Sign of the times.

6 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Just another appointment who can't lead this club successfully in the second tier of Scottish football. Grant, Hughes and McPake is now in that same category.

Heartbreaking how incompetent our owners and managers have performed since 2011.

Growing up in the mid 80's and through to the Bert Paton years leaves you numb watching the modern day Pars. Gutless wimps all over the park that don't have the balls to compete. Sign of the times.

All fair points but not having anyone getting all misty eyed about Hughes. That team had more than enough ability to stay up. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

All fair points but not having anyone getting all misty eyed about Hughes. That team had more than enough ability to stay up. 

No getting misty eyed about him, but no letting McPake off with boardroom battles and injuries as an excuse after today.

Arbroath are part time with more injuries than us. That was a total shambles in the second half. Nothing going forward as usual. Just done with the boring crap McPake has served up. Honestly considering not bothering with my season ticket next year. 

• Upvote 1

One thing that separates the Hughes/Grant eras versus us now, at least the players give their all and look at least motivated to play.  Several times under those two managers I would see examples of players not giving a fk.  

only other problem is though, I’m sure this squad (before any injury returns) is no better than what we had last time in this division.  And that’s more worrying.

Vast majority of our underperformances in my opinion have been down to board decisions or actions.   Utterly depressing.

16 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Lochalsh Par, you were probably confident of taking 9 points from the last three games ( for what it's worth I thought we would pick up 3 or 4). The last game I saw in person was the last time we played Arbroath however I am not sure about a change of manager, I would give him another few more weeks. I really feel he hasn't had the backing of the board when it comes to bringing players in. I think he has been told to shop at Poundland when what we need are higher quality/experienced heads.    

Perhaps optimism has got the better of my common sense but we may be surprised next week. The opportunity is there to be taken.

Can't quite get my head round some of the comments from posters who don't appear to have been at the game or even watched it on ParsTV. 

Our 1st half performance was a marked improvement on the last couple of games and had O'Hallaron not missed a sitter just after we opened the scoring, the 3 pts would have been in the bag.

2nd half was a very stodgy affair, no real football from either side, lumping it forward, incessant rain and a soggy pitch, barely playable on the main stand side. The equaliser was a free header from a corner - nuff said. After that, Arbroath wasted as much time as the ref allowed, which was quite a lot. No idea what good a point is to them. Both teams had chances to win it in added time - Arbroath 1, Pars 2.

Edited by GG Riva
Spelling. 😒

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Can't quite get my head round some of the comments from posters who don't appear to have been at the game or even watched it on ParsTV. 

Our 1st half performance was a marked improvement on the last couple of games and had O'Halleron not missed a sitter just after we opened the scoring, the 3 pts would have been in the bag.

2nd half was a very stodgy affair, no real football from either side, lumping it forward, incessant rain and a soggy pitch, barely playable on the main stand side. The equaliser was a free header from a corner - nuff said. After that, Arbroath wasted as much time as the ref allowed, which was quite a lot. No idea what good a point is to them. Both teams had chances to win it in added time - Arbroath 1, Pars 2.

GG, could you do another quick edit and spell O’Halloran’s name correctly? Not picking on you, but I do think it’s disrespectful to the squad when one sees surnames spelt erroneously, and it happens a great deal; particularly on dotnet.

• Upvote 1

We've gone a whole quarter without beating any of the sides in the league. 

I thought these 3 home games represented a chance to put some breathing space between us and the bottom, perhaps even gaining a little traction towards 4th.

Instead, we are possibly in a worse state than under Hughes at this point. I don't see us winning another game at this rate. Too many passengers in the squad just not good enough. 

On the bright side, Kane on the highlights looks a decent find. 

IF Ashcroft or another experienced centre back can come in and organise that back line, and we somehow stay up, he'll be labelled a hero and rightly so. 

• Upvote 3