Is McPake's time up?

Should James McPake leave or be fired?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should James McPake be relieved of his duties?

3 hours ago, Digs said:

The vast majority of them though are muscle tears, strains, ligament injuries etc, and these, to me, suggest that they have been impacted by load, rest, prep, warm up/cool down etc, ie the Sports Science side. That's the entire point of that area of the medical team, how much oversight has he, or indeed Meggle, given that area and asked questions of the data to try and ascertain why it is happening because this is a recurring problem. It can't all be down to bad luck.

Could be down to a smaller squad too, players having to play more as no replacements etc, less rest time, constant training, what they are doing in training. 

not all down to smaller squad but I’d imagine takes its toll. I noticed last season players looked visibly knackered at start of season and same again at start of season.

does anyone know the state of your Andy Tod and his injury.

4 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Formation worked better on Saturday but performance wasn’t still good enough 

You have to take into account the opposition. A better performance but not sure if that will be enough against the teams we have to face over the next month or so? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Raymie said:

You have to take into account the opposition. A better performance but not sure if that will be enough against the teams we have to face over the next month or so? 

Totally agree. Saturday was the chance to get a win and some confidence, Inverness game a week tomorrow looks huge considering how close we are with them in the table 

I don't think his time is up, not yet anyway. He got us up and he's had a huge problem to deal with regarding injuries. Yes, we should be playing much better and given one of our strengths last year was resilience that seems to have evaporated, I find that confusing. I think it's reasonable to question why so many players are injured, it's one hell of a dollop of bad luck if that's all it's been. I don't think McPake is a bad manager, I think there's enough about him to do at least a competent job as a minimum. I think there's more to it all behind the scenes. Is he receiving the right level of support and mentoring from Meggle and Cook for instance?, what is the morale like about the club just now?, If I were to believe half of what I've heard, then it can't be great. I think it's potentially telling or concerning that influential people like Stephen Taylor and Greg Shields have stood down or left their posts so far this season. Yes I know that reads like I'm stirring it and it's based on maybe hearsay, but it could be an indicator things aren't right. 

Let's see what these next 2 games bring and hopefully the players brought in can do something to improve the team and those close to fitness get back and give us a bit more stability and flair. 

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

what is the morale like about the club just now?, If I were to believe half of what I've heard, then it can't be great. I think it's potentially telling or concerning that influential people like Stephen Taylor and Greg Shields have stood down or left their posts so far this season. Yes I know that reads like I'm stirring it and it's based on maybe hearsay, but it could be an indicator things aren't right. 

My viewpoint is, there's a hell of a lot of rumours going around,  its impossible for them to all be true, but there's that many gaining traction there's bound to be something behind a decent amount of them and if only 5 or 10% are true then we are in a bad place.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

My viewpoint is, there's a hell of a lot of rumours going around,  its impossible for them to all be true, but there's that many gaining traction there's bound to be something behind a decent amount of them and if only 5 or 10% are true then we are in a bad place.

I'd say maybe there's a lack effective leadership, maybe club strategy not being clear or understood by all at the club. Who knows apart from those who are working there. Telling some Patrons all is covered and all it's okay a couple of weeks ago may not be enough to dampen the constant rumours or indeed put out fires. Where are the Board exactly? 

I think the priorities are all screwed up.

I like the idea of an academy and training facility in house, but it should only be implemented after we've established ourselves in the top flight. 

The income disparagy between tiers 1 and 2 is huge, never mind 3. The fact we're facing League 1 football again with this project choking us of income needed for the first team is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 6

On 20/02/2024 at 09:34, Eastendtales said:

I think the priorities are all screwed up.

I like the idea of an academy and training facility in house, but it should only be implemented after we've established ourselves in the top flight. 

The income disparagy between tiers 1 and 2 is huge, never mind 3. The fact we're facing League 1 football again with this project choking us of income needed for the first team is unacceptable. 

I think it might be worth pointing out the training base and the academy are two seperate things(albeit connected). The germans investment was to build the training facility and once its built we would save costs on renting pitches etc although we would have maintenence and upgrade costs as time goes on.

The academy will use it but will have a large cost going forward. Obviously though we hope it pays for itself in the form of better facilities for attracting better players and producing players we can maybe sell.

I suppose if the germans investment and the additional funding they now have pays for that facility its a bit of a no lose.