Reserve Cup Final (Tues 23rd April)

There was a spell between the start of last seasons final quarter and the end of this seasons first quarter where it started to all come together for McCann, that’s what got him a new contract.

different situations I know and I’m not saying he’s of the same quality but it wasn’t until shankland and nisbet were his age that put everything together at this level.

19 hours ago, livipar2 said:

I’d be giving Sutherland minutes ahead of Holmes. Holmes has done nothing and I’d rather we develop or own player.

The minutes Holmes is getting leads me to believe we want to sign him in the summer. Why else?

Hopefully not we’ve already got enough strikers that can’t score goals regularly 

Back on topic - that was a superb and welcwome achievement by our youngsters, as it was the Pars first silverware for some time. Hopefully, these lads will develop and kick on, to become the nucleus of our team in a few years time.

Am I right in thinking that most of that squad was coached by Greg Shields? It would be good if the club was to acknowledge his important contribution to our success. 

• Upvote 4

On 24/04/2024 at 06:35, Grant said:

Very harsh, if Lewis McCann had been out there tonight against that standard of opposition he would've looked class. 

The amount of abuse that McCann receives is well over the top. 

He has a scored in open play since September. The level of criticism is justified in my opinion.

On 24/04/2024 at 06:35, Grant said:

The amount of abuse that McCann receives is well over the top. 

Does McCann get all that much abuse? I feel like I never really hear anything against him at EEP - the usual groan if he misses a chance (which happens to all players), but nothing like the hectoring people like Mehmet and Chalmers get no matter what they do.

Just watched the highlights there & seeing the boys lift that trophy fair brings a smile to my perma-crabbit pus. They did the club proud, hopefully not for the last time!

As for McCann I desperately want him to be a success at the Pars. He's still relatively early in his career although it seems like an age since he broke into the first team (2018?)

I hope we don't give up on him just yet. Wish we had the means to afford a strikers' coach like the Craw, I feel like he improved Nisbet as a player during his brief spell at the Pars & might do the same with Lewis.

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Just watched the highlights there & seeing the boys lift that trophy fair brings a smile to my perma-crabbit pus. They did the club proud, hopefully not for the last time!

As for McCann I desperately want him to be a success at the Pars. He's still relatively early in his career although it seems like an age since he broke into the first team (2018?)

I hope we don't give up on him just yet. Wish we had the means to afford a strikers' coach like the Craw, I feel like he improved Nisbet as a player during his brief spell at the Pars & might do the same with Lewis.

Exactly that, he needs coaching. I've always said theres a player there. You just feel like he always chooses the wrong option. One of those chances on Sat should have been buried, his heading should be something he looking at from his own point of view. I don't know if he closing his eyes but its terrible. 

Since the missed penalty against rovers hes been completely missing. Like a few at the moment just needs the season to finish and start again in the summer. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MarkPar said:

He has a scored in open play since September. The level of criticism is justified in my opinion.

Here's the thing, he's still our second top goalscorer. 

Now I'm not saying McCann has had a good season, because very few of any of our attacking players have. However it's once again a season where we haven't scored allot of goals, even while winning the league last year in League One we didn't score allot of goals. 

Now is it purely down to our attacking players, or do you think they way we are set up (And potentially the coaching?) has something to do with why attackers for us look so... Rubbish? 

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Does McCann get all that much abuse? I feel like I never really hear anything against him at EEP - the usual groan if he misses a chance (which happens to all players), but nothing like the hectoring people like Mehmet and Chalmers get no matter what they do.

It's not reached the levels of Chalmers, but he does seemed to get jumped on a tad more than most, and certainly it seems to be that online he's getting it fairly tight. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Grant said:

Here's the thing, he's still our second top goalscorer.  

I'm not sure if I'm correct here but In all comps (League and Cup) I have McCann scoring 4 goals in the League and 3 goals in the League Cup.

In truth I thought he would have kicked on this season, but I don't think the style of play we have has helped nor has the injury crisis. I continue to think like others there is a player in there and agree with the point mentioned earlier that both Nisbet and Shankland were late to develop. Striking options since Nisbet left have been dire for the Pars. Its fantastic that Sutherland is doing so well and has great potential but i'm cautious in placing too much expectations on him at an early age   

2 hours ago, Grant said:

and certainly it seems to be that online he's getting it fairly tight. 

This. I pray he doesn't go on .nut.

Maybe I'm getting saft in my old age, maybe it's because I have a son around his age but I'd hate if some of the sh1t that gets said to him or posted about him was being aimed at my boy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grant said:

Now is it purely down to our attacking players, or do you think they way we are set up (And potentially the coaching?) has something to do with why attackers for us look so... Rubbish? 

Definitely agree with that - we don't make enough chances, or good enough ones.

2 hours ago, Grant said:

It's not reached the levels of Chalmers, but he does seemed to get jumped on a tad more than most, and certainly it seems to be that online he's getting it fairly tight. 

Fair enough - I don't use dot.net, so I assume it's pretty bad there? Doesn't feel like there's too much berating on here, thankfully.