What phone are we using

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vinnie, when I say touch screen, I can touch the screen. Nothing happens tbh, but it is touchable.

Not sure I am a technophobe, more using new technology when I have to or if we win something. Mrs Fu won a tablet a couple of years ago, then i bought won a tablet a year ago when the steam driven laptop died. Having gone through bankruptcy a few years ago, I feel sure that our credit score would have the computer say "No" to a contract mobile. Anyway, happy with my thick phone where a fiver lasts a month...

?

iPhone all the way.  The only thing that's missing from iPhone is the ability to customise the home screen view.  But that is something that will eventually happen Im sure.

The irony being that Google might be going the opposite direction with Android 7 "N". Word is that the app drawer will be getting removed and therefore all the icons will be on the home screens.

Not on the Android N beta version i'm running on my Nexus 5x.

iPhone all the way.  The only thing that's missing from iPhone is the ability to customise the home screen view.  But that is something that will eventually happen Im sure.

The irony being that Google might be going the opposite direction with Android 7 "N". Word is that the app drawer will be getting removed and therefore all the icons will be on the home screens.

Was gonna say that, glad to see that the app drawer remains in the N dev build. Are you using it for developing or as a daily driver? Toying with getting it myself, but only if it's solid enough. Looks fab though.

For me, a Nexus 6p, Nova Launcher (of course), Marshmallow 6.0.1. Amazing device, would recommend to anyone.

Was gonna say that, glad to see that the app drawer remains in the N dev build. Are you using it for developing or as a daily driver? Toying with getting it myself, but only if it's solid enough. Looks fab though.

For me, a Nexus 6p, Nova Launcher (of course), Marshmallow 6.0.1. Amazing device, would recommend to anyone.

I'm running it as a daily driver, although that's not recommended. But it's not that stable, video playback apps don't work yet and it randomly force closes and gets stuck in bootloops. However it's a lot smoother, I like the new notifications. I'd wait just now till it's more stable tbh.

I'd have to agree the Nexus phones are amazing, wouldn't use anything else.

Archived