Training Ground

rosythpar

53 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I doubt Rosyth will be willing to share with Dunfermline after what happened with the civil but the final say could come down to Masterton.

So is Rosyth paying for the whole installation? If so then that’s their decision to allow who wants to train during the day/night etc and can earn money of the hire. 

Edited by Secure Par

2 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Was there not a lot more problems with the new training academy like the asbestos, Sewage,water and drainage? Maybe it’s not worth the money and moving could be a solution? 
Another astro will be getting installed at Pitreavie so make it their training base permanently? 

Electrics will also be a high sum at the civil. Pitreavie would be a simpler and cheaper solution.

23 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Its not coming from fans it's coming from people who are involved with the civil service club. As secure par says it will probably be better financially if we moved somewhere like pitreavie.

I would imagine the Civil Service would have an axe to grind with us, considering we perhaps let them down. It just a rumour, until its announced, or disproved. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I would imagine the Civil Service would have an axe to grind with us, considering we perhaps let them down. It just a rumour, until its announced, or disproved. 

I would agree, There is nothing wrong in mentioning a rumour and it's useful to be aware, but i'm not going to get terribly worked up unless its a basis of fact. My expectations of the training ground is that I expect little this season and if promoted hopefully the plans will advance then. I'm more concerned about 3pts on Sat

• Upvote 2

The training ground will happen, albeit much slower than anticipated. Rumours will naturally fly about given the apparent lack of progress. Yes, there are issues, but the clubs hasn't said otherwise, it's admitted it numerous times, I've spoken to David Cook face to face about it. I have personally no reason to disbelieve him or the club for any reason. See if this doesn't come to fruition, it'll be for a good reason and we'll be told about it. I get fellow fans wondering and maybe worrying about this initiative but personally for me it's not a huge issues right now. I'd rather concentrate on the team and promotion. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Digs said:

Genuine question but why would a club that no longer exists have, or need, a committee?

I dont think we should dismiss a club, whether they no longer exist or need a commitee. If we have ****ed them over, as some on here have said, I  really would like us to be treated the same. I would like Rosyth to be part of our community  which is important in the grand scale of things. If the training ground falls through, it wont be the end of the world. Advocaat pushed this at Rangers. Nice facility, produced nothing, regarding players. Gordon Ramsey said it had a state of the art kitchen. It wont win us the league.