Training Ground

rosythpar

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

Yeah I get that and there's merit in what you say. I'm just saying mightbe worth emailing and asking. Your shout obviously. 

I have emailed before regarding a different matter,it took a follow up email and about over a month later to get a reply. It should also be noted that Braisby the vice chairman will not be replying to any emails and we now need send them to David Cook, he went around the lounges/hospitality telling people that a couple of weeks ago while introducing the new CEO.

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

I heard the Astro pitch will not be ready For October which is not good at all for winter training.

Had a manager of a junior side doing a job in the house and he was telling me that we need to get keep dreaming if we think it will be some fancy new training facility. 

10 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Had a manager of a junior side doing a job in the house and he was telling me that we need to get keep dreaming if we think it will be some fancy new training facility. 

Even if we get an adequate facility that's going to be better than what we just now, which is pretty sh*te. Still look on the bright side eh

16 hours ago, Superally said:

Would they need planning permissions  for essentially a refurbishment. I don't think it will be regarded as a change of use. However, as RP says its worth a watching.

I'm afraid they do, and are subject to very strict impact assessments on noise and parking which will take a good while to complete and involve the public consultation of the nearby houses.

Also I think the old Civil Service building was having major works or was going to be knocked down and rebuilt to meet the requirements for the training facility.

Not having any planning submissions at this point would make me think that next pre season 23/24 are more realistic than anytime soon.

Every new build of a sports facility be it a Multi Use Games Area - MUGA, Synthetic Turf Pitch - STP, tennis court, cricket pitch, 3G rugby pitch, 3G football pitch or running track will require planning permission if the facility is to be built.

http://www.pitchandtrack.com/design_and_planning.asp#:~:text=Every new build of a,facility is to be built.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

I'm afraid they do, and are subject to very strict impact assessments on noise and parking which will take a good while to complete and involve the public consultation of the nearby houses.

Also I think the old Civil Service building was having major works or was going to be knocked down and rebuilt to meet the requirements for the training facility.

Not having any planning submissions at this point would make me think that next pre season 23/24 are more realistic than anytime soon.

Every new build of a sports facility be it a Multi Use Games Area - MUGA, Synthetic Turf Pitch - STP, tennis court, cricket pitch, 3G rugby pitch, 3G football pitch or running track will require planning permission if the facility is to be built.

http://www.pitchandtrack.com/design_and_planning.asp#:~:text=Every new build of a,facility is to be built.

I'm pretty sure I already read or even heard at the fans update meeting, I can't remember which, that the building won't be demolished and will be renovated. Obviously, they only had 4 changing rooms and no gym with two huge lounges that took up the vast majority of the space, so there was always going to be building works needing done. 

I'd also question what impacts would be different from what they already were. There have been three pitches there, used on a regular basis every weekend, as well as the bowling green for nearly 40 years. Unless of course current rules being different meant that they previously didn't have to abide by any retrospective rules(?) It would seem a bit daft to reject proposals based on rules that would have been broken for 30-odd years by the previous tenants?

6 hours ago, Digs said:

I'm pretty sure I already read or even heard at the fans update meeting, I can't remember which, that the building won't be demolished and will be renovated. Obviously, they only had 4 changing rooms and no gym with two huge lounges that took up the vast majority of the space, so there was always going to be building works needing done. 

I'd also question what impacts would be different from what they already were. There have been three pitches there, used on a regular basis every weekend, as well as the bowling green for nearly 40 years. Unless of course current rules being different meant that they previously didn't have to abide by any retrospective rules(?) It would seem a bit daft to reject proposals based on rules that would have been broken for 30-odd years by the previous tenants?

You would think so, but the fact an Astro pitch needs planning all the other factors will come as standard. 

Also I'd imagine if they are going to have floodlights that would be a consideration too.

Anyone know whether it will be for sole use or will it be available for hire?

12 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

You would think so, but the fact an Astro pitch needs planning all the other factors will come as standard. 

Also I'd imagine if they are going to have floodlights that would be a consideration too.

Anyone know whether it will be for sole use or will it be available for hire?

I'm fairly certain they said at the meet the fans night that it would be sole use of the academy. 

I get these things take time, but it was one of the big selling points of the takeover which first announced 2 years ago with you would assume talks starting in 2019.  If the new consortium want to be taken seriously they really need to kick into gear,  Can't just blame delays on Covid/brexit all the time.  

Edited by parsforlife