Training Ground

rosythpar

47 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Cliche Flakes for breakfast? 

Wasn't even that. One in particular was discouraging boys from overlapping, wanting them to play in a rigid back four. The boys themselves were working it well between them with one going and the other sitting in if he went by him, looking at where the play was, reading it to see if if they could go or not. 

At one point, they played a great overlap, two quick one twos with the midfielder then crossed it to score. He stopped the exercise to tell them where they were going wrong...

I was speaking to the committee at Rosyth last night and it was Dunfermline who approached them, not the other way around.

One of the committee members received a call from a councillor on behalf of Jim Leishman suggesting the idea of sharing the facilities at the civil service grounds. 

On the Monday he received an email from Bob Garmory officially asking them to both go for the joint lease,he showed me this email and the bid that was made to the civil service.

I am happy that we have secured the new training ground but Rosyth have been treated poorly in this,they had to find out by word of mouth that they wouldn't be involved.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would be good for the club to give us an update on what's happening with the new training ground in Rosyth. 

The work on the pitches was suppose to start in January,we are now almost in April and no sign of any work starting. The opening date has been pushed back from May/June to Oct/Nov.

The last update was the SLO commenting on the other forum that they are still working on the plans atm, would be good to get an official update on the clubs website.

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Would be good for the club to give us an update on what's happening with the new training ground in Rosyth. 

The work on the pitches was suppose to start in January,we are now almost in April and no sign of any work starting. The opening date has been pushed back from May/June to Oct/Nov.

The last update was the SLO commenting on the other forum that they are still working on the plans atm, would be good to get an official update on the clubs website.

Email the club and ask. 

7 hours ago, rosythpar said:

We shouldnt have to be emailing the club to get an update piracy. The club need to be more transparent with the fans and let us know what is going on at the club.

Yeah I get that and there's merit in what you say. I'm just saying mightbe worth emailing and asking. Your shout obviously. 

8 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

According to the Fife Council Planning Applications, no plans for the ground have been submitted.

Would they need planning permissions  for essentially a refurbishment. I don't think it will be regarded as a change of use. However, as RP says its worth a watching.