Training Ground

rosythpar

It sounds really good. I can’t wait to see the plans though as I’m not sure where they’re going to fit it all in. 

The building is big and I can see how they can get the infrastructure in there but a 3 g and two grass pitches? The pitch up the top isn’t big and it’s up tight to the houses.

It does sound good though.

6 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

I thought we were owning the site and developing it. Seems strange we might be developing someone else's land to lose the asset after a while. Maybe get clarity on that in the next few weeks.

As a few have quoted, definitely said signed the lease. Ross is releasing more detail about it in the next few days to give clarity. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Number Eleven said:

Sounds like a very ambitious plan and should develop into a great asset for the club to help attract, develop and retain talented players.

I just hope that there’s guaranteed funding in place so it doesn’t become unviable for the club.

I did ask this question directly to RM recently at an event at EEP as I has concerns. I asked him in the reception area when I first turned up which saved me asking in a room full of people. He said in terms of ongoing costs the money we save from the fifes elite academy as well as the cost of renting training facilities will cover it. I said I was concerned we might end up with a white elephant of an asset which we can't afford however Ross was confident that running costs were fine and it was all about gaining the asset with the investment from the GMBH guys. I put him on the spot and he answered pretty well. 

• Upvote 3

The Fife Elite set up including a 4 fife teams now is not working imo. They got young boys in and most left to go to either Hearts,Hibs or Dundee Utd. 
Another point a lad who was wanting to join Fife was told he’s to big….. now playing a year up at Hearts and really good player…We have missed so many players and imo need a fresh start at the Academy level with a top youth coach…..plus getting rid of the deadwood coaches  at fife elite. Just my opinion but we need to keep the young players in the Dunfermline Academy!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Secure Par said:

The Fife Elite set up including a 4 fife teams now is not working imo. They got young boys in and most left to go to either Hearts,Hibs or Dundee Utd. 
Another point a lad who was wanting to join Fife was told he’s to big….. now playing a year up at Hearts and really good player…We have missed so many players and imo need a fresh start at the Academy level with a top youth coach…..plus getting rid of the deadwood coaches  at fife elite. Just my opinion but we need to keep the young players in the Dunfermline Academy!

I can easily believe this. Some of the things I heard Fife Elite coaches say when I used to watch training, and the things they were trying to coach, or coach out I should say, were embarrassing. There absolutely were great coaches in there but as I said the other day, some of them you could write what they know about football on the back of a stamp and leave room for the bible. So, hopefully, a new broom will sweep clean and get some great coaches in to match the facilities.

• Upvote 1