Team v Hamilton

kelty_par

Yogi needs to ring the changes and give guys like Reece Cole, O’Hara and Wighton a chance. Ditch this 4-5-1 rubbish and go 4-4-2. Sick of hearing we aren’t strong enough to play it, we got a pumping today trying to be solid. Hope we have at least 2 new signings in during the week too. If I see that same midfield 3 playing again next week then questions need to be asked of yogi and his team selection 

Edited by kelty_par
  • Upvote 1

Wighton and O'Hara up top and build a team around that.

The midfield is dreadful with 2 or 3 in there, so just play more direct. Get with ball wide quicker. No passing out from the back and taking 5 passes to get to the same place.

Yogi needs to show that he will change a failing format. Needs to show that his ego won't get in the way of turning things around.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

I wouldn’t want Wighton in the trenches with me 

My problem Raymie is I cant pick an 11 from that squad, what ever you do there will be holes all over the place, We don't have a natural leader (Connolly, I think will be off) and we don't have a warrior. Nor do I see a player that is prepared to take a yellow for the team. Confidence is shot, and I don't see a goal with how we are playing. I have seen relegation as a Pars fan on far too many occasions and this team stinks of it  

11 hours ago, Raymie said:

I wouldn’t want Wighton in the trenches with me 

When you are in the trenches you need someone who has ability to get you out, just now we have ****e like pybus and Todd who "work hard" but offer nothing. Id rather a one legged Wighton than either of them. Total duds who should be punted ASAP.

OFW

Martin, Donaldson, Breen, Comrie

MacDonald Dorrans, Cole, Lawless

Wighton, O’Hara

That is the best I can come up with right now and that’s what worries me.

I’ve went Cole for no other reason than I think it’s worth a punt over Pybus, Todd and Allan and hoping he can create for us a little more but can persist with an out of form Dow if we have no one else, Dorrans co-ordinating further back a little. MacDonald for his deliveries praying he can get them on point.

O’Hara for the pace, Wighton for the finishing, not fussed about him running about, but a show of effort at times would be nice.

If I’d had the purse strings I’d be taking another stab at getting defenders again (yes I know…) but of decent enough calibre and a couple midfield players and another winger.

You can pick a load of holes out of that lineup, which I think illustrates my point and how bad a position we’re in at the moment.

Edited by Berry
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Berry said:

OFW

Wighton, O’Hara

I’ve went Cole for no other reason than I think it’s worth a punt over Pybus, Todd and Allan and hoping he can create for us a little more but can persist with an out of form Dow if we have no one else, Dorrans co-ordinating further back a little. MacDonald for his deliveries praying he can get them on point.

O’Hara for the pace, Wighton for the finishing, not fussed about him running about, but a show of effort at times would be nice.

If I’d had the purse strings I’d be taking another stab at getting defenders again (yes I know…) but of decent enough calibre and a couple midfield players and another winger.

You can pick a load of holes out of that lineup, which I think illustrates my point and how bad a position we’re in at the moment.

If Connolly goes then we definitely need another centre half, yesterday is the evidence of that. 2 centre mids are a minimum, again look at who we had there yesterday and that answers itself. Forget about Ian Wilson he’s never been properly fit all season, we need guys to come in and hit the ground running. I thought lawless is a winger yet he’s never actually played out wide for us? He even done an interview to say he hates it through the middle and yet that’s what we go and do with him 😂

1 hour ago, Berry said:

OFW

Wighton, O’Hara

The central defence give me the fear. Donaldson was really bad yesterday and Breen  has looked a every bit as bad previously. Losing Connolly and Gaspuitis  in the same week has done a lot of damage. We must find a solid CB from somewhere. Getting a bit tired of hearing how good they are at playing out from the back. They need to defend first and foremost.

At right back, I think the time has come for Comrie to be dropped and give MacDonald a chance in his natural position. I think Kyle will at least be a bit more aggressive.

Not sure Martin is ready to replace Edwards at left back yet.

Central midfield.......I really don't know what to do there. It just lacks any aggression, physicality or ability. An area that's been neglected for a long time. Needs a couple new signings to get close to rectifying. I would like to see us with two central midfielders to allow us two up top and getting the ball quicker to the wide players/front players. I'm not saying long ball, but just cutting out the multitude of slow passes that one direct pass would achieve. Thought Morton did that effectively yesterday.

I would take McCann out the firing line for a few games now. I still think the lad has something to develop but it's time to make a front two out of Wighton, O'Hara or Todorov. Three players that have scored goals at this level before and have a bit more experience.

Lots of change required, but i'm just not sure if Yogi will be willing to do it. He has to try something different if we going to avoid relegation.

• Like 1

Connolly tested positive or would have played yesterday. Think Breen too so we were unlucky in that regard. 
Connolly will be away now for family reasons, which is understandable. 
Dorrans needs to come back for his experience alone. 
I would also go two up but for me it would be McCann and O’ Hara. I’d also find a spot for McDonald ahead of guys like Todd and Allan. 
Let’s hope Breen is available. ( strange even typing that ). May allow Martin to play in the middle of the park?  Any rustiness wouldn’t be as crucial as not last line of defence ?

actually,just typing this shows the mess we are in 

Edited by Raymie

Lewis Martin tried centre mid under AJ and was hopeless there. I’d like to see Cole given a chance, surely can’t be any worse than the other 3 that played yesterday. Try McCann and Ohara together, but I’d rather go for Ohara and Wighton as it’s tried and tested, we need goals to get us out this mess as we aren’t doing to do it defensively. Centre back and centre mid must be signed for Saturday. Go 4-4-2 and have dow and lawless on the wings

Whatever the team starting is just play high up the pitch. The team can’t play the pass out the ball from the back.

Play Todrov up front with another striker.. long balls and the team wins the knockdowns etc in the opponents half. Time to role up those sleeves and get stuck in as a team to grind out results. 

23 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Who will be our centre back pairing for this game? This season we have had- Gaspuitis, Graham,Comrie,Jones,Watson, Martin, Connolly and Donaldson play in that position. Its absolutely shocking how many centre backs we have went through this season. 

You forgot Breen 🤣

• Upvote 1