Team v Hamilton

kelty_par

On 09/01/2022 at 19:08, Secure Par said:

Whatever the team starting is just play high up the pitch. The team can’t play the pass out the ball from the back.

Play Todrov up front with another striker.. long balls and the team wins the knockdowns etc in the opponents half. Time to role up those sleeves and get stuck in as a team to grind out results. 

When the midfield are poor then go for the long ball to a target man. Not pretty but it can work. Rather than to play out and lose it, play it high and in their half from the offset. Just a thought. Kilmarnock did if for a long time and even Celtic used it as a tactic for a spell.

With the squad we have and the performances recently there is no right answer for team selection. I’d go with

Fon Williams

Comrie

Connolly

Donaldson

Martin

Dow

Dorrans

Pybus

Lawless

Wighton

McCann

I’d look for Comrie and Dow to rekindle their successful partnership, play Lawless in his natural position and get Wighton to support McCann up front.

I do not envy Hughes at all but for goodness sake what a negative team against Hamilton who just do not like the ball played at them. They are very nervous defending are we are playing 1 forward against them. They will love this and run forward with confidence at every opportunity and there will be many. Just hope I am wrong and get pelters for this.