Craig Wighton

kelty_par

Think it might do the lad good if he gets some confidence back into his football.

If he starts banging them in for Arbroath however it will bring up some painful questions as to what is so wrong at EEP.

It's also something in itself that Dick can see a striker in him that Yogi can't.

Dare say it would suit Wighton too, if he does help them get promoted and we get relegated he will surely be released or have a release clause.

Edited by Rengade Master

I don't think it's that Yogi can't see a striker in him, it's more that he feels his style doesn't suit what we're trying to do. McCann runs all day and is quite physical but looks poor a lot because we have nobody winning the second balls. 

Personally, I think we're over complicating things quite a bit. For me, Wighton is our best finisher, but can appear 'lazy' (he's not) but he needs the right partner and that isn't Todorov, who can't seem to play with either him or O'Hara, and I'm not sure he's suited to playing with McCann either. I think we need to really simplify what we're doing and get balls in behind the full backs for Dow/Thomas/Lawless to latch onto the first or second balls and get them down the channels with Edwards and Comrie overlapping and get some ammunition into the box for Wighton and O'Hara/McCann to get on the end of. 

This isn't rocket science, it's about playing with pace and bravery and stop thinking about the negative side of defending with a shape that sits in and defend on the front foot. Let's put teams under the pressure they put on us. This is how we beat Inverness at home doing exactly this, but we've not done it since!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Utterly mental to even consider letting Wighton go. He should be starting.

Yes our best finisher in the team and looks like he will be out the door. I thought it was crazy that we let big Vytas go,as soon as it was announced that he had left yogi had a number of clubs on the phone asking about him.