Josh Edwards

kelty_par

27 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I thought it was Scott Thomson that recommended Nisbet etc

Surely we didn't need someone to recommend that the player who scored over 20 goals in the league below, and was playing just along the road, was worth looking at? 

11 minutes ago, Grant said:

Surely we didn't need someone to recommend that the player who scored over 20 goals in the league below, and was playing just along the road, was worth looking at? 

He wasn't recommend at the end of the season and signed 10 minutes later 😆

40 minutes ago, Al k said:

He wasn't recommend at the end of the season and signed 10 minutes later 😆

Fully aware, however he had 18 goals? By the 1st of December, he had 11 league leagues in his first 10 league games. Are we saying that Crawford was oblivious to that and needed someone to point Nisbet out to him? 

1 hour ago, Al k said:

No we, only you by the looks of it. The club were well aware, also his contract situation and accordingly signed him. 

Not sure what this sitution is your upset with us signing Nisbet?

Apologies if I'm picking this up wrongly.

Nope, I'm saying the opposite. 

I was delighted we signed Nisbet, I just find the suggestion odd that anyone had to tip the club off to him. Crawford would've been well aware of him from his early season form at Raith. 

Edited by Grant

16 hours ago, Grant said:

Nipper was scouting for us at the time. It wasn't as if we were blissfully unaware of him and Nipper just called his pal up to tell him to sign him 😂

If I were Edwards I’d jump at moving, the opportunity to play in the Championship may never come again and with him now about to play League One scottish football only strengthens that.

If its 100k plus sell on, also a good deal for the club, feels like a win-win.

We can’t stand in his way, nor should we, lads like Edwards deserve a shot and he’d go with our blessing.

Last season was a bit of a dud for everyone but the season before you could argue he was our best player and he certainly has the work ethic.