Wighton signs New Deal

Al k

27 minutes ago, Superally said:

Brilliant news, There is an emerging theme amongst resigning players is their praise for the management team  

His interview backs up what I said on the Peterhead thread yesterday 100%:

"I just think he's the type of player that needs to be reminded of how good he is, have confidence shown in him, and he will be happy. When he is happy and fit, he has delivered. The difference in him from the start of the season to now, and from last season shows that I think."

What a difference from how he left to go on loan under Hughes, can't think what the issue might have been then...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Digs said:

His interview backs up what I said on the Peterhead thread yesterday 100%:

"I just think he's the type of player that needs to be reminded of how good he is, have confidence shown in him, and he will be happy. When he is happy and fit, he has delivered. The difference in him from the start of the season to now, and from last season shows that I think."

What a difference from how he left to go on loan under Hughes, can't think what the issue might have been then...

Aye, you might just have hit the nail on the head, Digs. You don't have to think too hard to know what the issue was - it was Hughes himself. The man is an arrogant R-sole and a complete dinosaur. With hindsight, he should never have been near our club.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Aye, you might just have hit the nail on the head, Digs. You don't have to think too hard to know what the issue was - it was Hughes himself. The man is an arrogant R-sole and a complete dinosaur. With hindsight, he should never have been near our club.

Hindsight is an exact science GG as well you know .. I am not afraid to say it openly but he had me convinced at the time with his infectious rhetoric .. I always thought I was a good judge of character .. how wrong was I .. :-((

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

Hindsight is an exact science GG as well you know .. I am not afraid to say it openly but he had me convinced at the time with his infectious rhetoric .. I always thought I was a good judge of character .. how wrong was I .. :-((

Indeed, BPP. I also thought he might kick the arses of some underperforming players and we'd see enough of an improvement to stave off relegation. We'll saw how that turned out. I don't want to betray any confidences but he was disliked by almost every player in the squad.

Peter Grant may have proved to be an equally poor appointment but at least he was a nice guy* - fat lot of good though that was.

*A real gent according to some players, but not a good manager.

• Upvote 3

I also think a big improvement in the training facilities working at Pitreavie Astro has made a difference aswell. 
iv watched a few training sessions and they are all high tempo with a few laughs which keeps the atmosphere good. 
watched one finishing exercise and tbh a ball boy should have been present in the golf course with Todrovs strikes😅

12 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Indeed, BPP. I also thought he might kick the arses of some underperforming players and we'd see enough of an improvement to stave off relegation. We'll saw how that turned out. I don't want to betray any confidences but he was disliked by almost every player in the squad.

Peter Grant may have proved to be an equally poor appointment but at least he was a nice guy* - fat lot of good though that was.

*A real gent according to some players, but not a good manager.

Heard this too that Grant was meant to be a decent coach whilst Hughes was an idiot.